This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Anyone selling a Homey? I cant wait longer..

Is there anyone selling a (used) Homey? PM me please. I cant wait any longer to receive this product..

Living in the Netherlands

Comments

• me2!

I offer €299 :smile: 

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    Most of the Homey's are sold within hours/days and that one is more then a week online....
    No idea what to think about that...

Also i want to see/feel/check the second hand homey before i buy it and Best is way to far for me.
  • People, please DO keep in mind that, by cancelling your order from Athom and purchasing a second hand Homey instead, you're actually taking away money from Athom... money that they could (would) have invested in further improving their product.
    And what do you win? You get to play around with Homey a few weeks sooner, and you get a more buggy version in which several things do not work well yet.
    Is that really worth it?

• Seriously?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    @Bumblez;
    1. its my money 
    2. Emile told us the have enough money.
    3. I can take my money, but the took my money (free loan on my risk)
    4. less risk on loosing my money
    And maybe you should not speak to the buyer, but to the seller(recently there was a Homey on MP with a asking price of €450 and i got an email from him "€400, want anders dan blijft hij staan" ). Most seller make profit on the sell and on the other hand "steal" money from Athom. Most buyers will be non-backers and won't take/steal money from Athom.

@DaneeDeKruyff;
    What do you mean?
  • One can have two Homeys ;)
  • One can have two Homeys ;)
    that could be, but that (much discussed) feature isn't available.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    MarcoF said:
    @Bumblez;
    1. its my money 
    2. Emile told us the have enough money.
    3. I can take my money, but the took my money (free loan on my risk)
    4. less risk on loosing my money
    And maybe you should not speak to the buyer, but to the seller(recently there was a Homey on MP with a asking price of €450 and i got an email from him "€400, want anders dan blijft hij staan" ). Most seller make profit on the sell and on the other hand "steal" money from Athom. Most buyers will be non-backers and won't take/steal money from Athom.
    You're right, it's your money, that's why I'm asking you to reconsider... the fact that Emile said they have enough money right now, doesn't mean that they don't need more, or don't mind refunding it to those who can not wait any longer...
    And I can understand if you're tired of waiting, you no longer want a Homey, you don't want to invest in a Homey anymore and you want your money back. But clearly that's not the case... you still want to buy a Homey, you just don't want to pay Athom for it (and you no longer have the patience to wait for the one from Athom, even though you yourself made it clear in another thread that you realize very well that it won't be fully functional in your home for at least a few more months...).
    And are you seriously afraid that Athom won't deliver and that you will lose your money? (imho that would only happen if they should go bankrupt, which Emile said wasn't about to happen, and even if it did... then that Homey that you purchase on marktplaats will be as good as useless as well...)

And I can't stop people from selling their Homey, or people who haven't backed Athom and haven't pre-ordered a Homey (ie those who know nothing about the current state), to purchase one on marktplaats. And you're right, in those cases, Athom isn't losing money right away (maybe in the long run, if that person would have bought one from eg Mediamarkt).
    I also can't stop you from doing the same... I can only ask you to think twice before you do, as I absolutely believe you are making a mistake. Because in my eyes, cancelling a pre-order and then purchasing a Homey on marktplaats, is just a sign of weakness. Would it really be such a bad decision to just wait a few more months?
  • Panda said:
    That guy isn't answering, unfortunately ;).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    I really don't know why i'm reacting on your post, but because i get the feeling that you are talking to me i feel that i need to react....

First of all i buy a lot second hand products and in most cases this is a big win/win/win situation.
    1. it saves me money that i can spend on other things i think are important
    2. it save a lot of raw materials and so the environment
    3. by buying a secondhand device I give the device a second chance and that shows faith in the producing company is making a high quality long lasting product.
    I think its a very hard and bold thing to say that somebody is stealing from a company by buying a secondhand unit. In the past there were lawsuits about selling secondhand games where (i believe it was EA) game developers thought the could ask money for secondhand game licenses and the game developers lost these cases. 
    It was Valve:
    http://tweakers.net/nieuws/87015/valve-voor-duitse-rechter-vanwege-tegenhouden-tweedehandsverkoop.html

22 months ago i lent athom €199 and thanks to the ECB and ING that didn't cost me that much interest.
    But on the other side the average interest over 22 month is around 1%; (((199/100)*1)/24)*22=€1,82 money i did loos.
    I also lost 8,5% kickstart fee that i didn't got back from Athom (I think its fair) which is about €17,=

So in total I "lost" €18,82 on my loan to Athom and it didn't cost Athom one cent.
    Also my homey is still on the Athom shelf and the now will sell it for the retail price and make "€100 more profit" on it.

I also said; Money isn't important.

There are more important thing in life such as health, the environment, trust, keeping promises, friends, helping each other, etc.

I still want a Homey and in some way I don't have faith in the project (duck under desk) and also i'm tiered of waiting on the next delay message. If I see a Homey on the internet, then i buy it and i will see where the development stands. But for now I(!) think the risk of waiting and not knowing what i can expect when is to big. If i buy a secondhand unit then i known exactly what i get and when i get it and thats the same for a Retail unit (Maybe i even wait for Homey V2).

You are right that wen the go bankrupt, eventually the server will go down and Homey is "useless".
    But on the other hand there are some smart techies here that will make it work again.

For example about a year ago the Solar Inverter company Enecsys got bankrupt and the users couldn't access there(!) solar data anymore. All gateways send there data to Enecsys servers and the users couldn't see what there solarpanels were doing. But some some smart technies on GoT of Tnet got around the "encryption" and now users can access their data local without the need of Enecsys servers.

And you can't stop me, and probably no one else, of buying a secondhand unit :heart:

I seriously hope that Athom can pull this of and Homey get to Retail very soon, but seeing the bugs and not hearing any love stories.......

Less = More, More = Less
    and
    "We from the Toilet Duck"
  • casper said:
    Panda said:
    That guy isn't answering, unfortunately ;).

Like his Homey?  :o :o

• @MarcoF
    Sounds like in your head you've justified why it would be okay to still purchase a Homey, but not from Athom. As I already said in my previous reply... I can't stop you, I can only ask you to reconsider... and apparently the latter is pointless as well. It's a pity that a few more months makes that big of a difference in your head... especially as you will have to wait that long anyway, before Homey's software is in a more useable state.
    But given your conviction, any further replies from me would be pointless. So the best I can hope for, is that my previous replies will make someone else reconsider...
  • @Bumblez ;
    Who made profit and received money for that particular unit?
    Athom is only loosing money if nobody buys a new homey.....

If i buy a Homey, it still is a Athom product..... or is there another company that make/sell Homeys?

So whats the difference to buy a secondhand Homey or a new Homey?
  • MarcoF said:

There are more important thing in life such as health,[...]

I think you just lost a couple of years because of the long posts you're making :smiley: Relax, it's your choice, you made it, good for you... :smile:
  • Bumblez said:
    People, please DO keep in mind that, by cancelling your order from Athom and purchasing a second hand Homey instead, you're actually taking away money from Athom... money that they could (would) have invested in further improving their product.
    And what do you win? You get to play around with Homey a few weeks sooner, and you get a more buggy version in which several things do not work well yet.
    Is that really worth it?

Athom is a company with a real business, it isnt charity , you musnt have pity with a company it lives or dies , no one gives money to v&d and all other businesses which have gone bankrupt, to survive. 
  • <joke> your buying a expensive paperweight.. ;) </joke>
  • edited March 2016
    <joke> your buying a expensive paperweight.. </joke>
    Come on, know your stuff, it's called a présse papier blush 
  • haha +1
  • Bumblez said:
    . Because in my eyes, cancelling a pre-order and then purchasing a Homey on marktplaats, is just a sign of weakness. Would it really be such a bad decision to just wait a few more months?
    Dunno if it's weakness. Do know that he don't mind money. Losing around 18 euro's as he stated and paying at least 100 euro's more for anotherone and wait just as long or even longer ?
  • I actually managed to buy one second hand, and didn't cancel my pre-order... I am totally loving  my homey and will find a good destination for my 2nd homey when it arrives. 

Even though a lot doesn't work perfect yet, it is still an awesome product. 

How about we don't ruin this topic any further? 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    @Rocodamelshe ;;
    Lets discus that when all Backers and Pre-order got there Homey :wink: 

When I buy Ian new retail homey, it totally cost me €317 which is €18 more then a pre-order and €78 more then an geek pledge. So it's not a very big number and certainly not if I look at all my domotica (related) stuff in our home. 

Most important: we are healthy :smile: 

The waiting is not the issue.... check my list in my previous post  (and i hope to reach 80+, so i still have 46 year to go :smile: )

@jorden
    Talking about money :smile: 

• tunftunf Member
    i <3 forums
  • OMG some people really should get a life.... Every topic I read has the same bla bla... You buy or you don't.. Period. Everyone owns his own cash.
    We should have a mod to clean up all these topics......i used to read here daily, now weekly..maybe go to two weekly.

• @mistercage ;
    Pick the topics you like and use Mark All Viewed to clear the list for the rest you don't want to follow.
  • Just create one topic where everyone can get the frustration out of their system would be a better option :smiley: 
    And yes i found the viewed all button already weeks ago. But all the above is just the tone of this forum the last two months, and I find this a pity...that's all. Furthermore, I'm a happy pre order who will wait until its Homey is ready for me :smile: 
  • @marcof my seriously was aimed at @Bumblez it seems to me he thinks he's the homey-police and has to educate us at what we can and cannot do with a homey or which cmments we can have at how Athom is performing....

• Just create one topic where everyone can get the frustration out of their system would be a better option :smiley: 
    And yes i found the viewed all button already weeks ago. But all the above is just the tone of this forum the last two months, and I find this a pity...that's all. Furthermore, I'm a happy pre order who will wait until its Homey is ready for me :smile: 
    Why can I just +1, am willing to +10 on your idea of one frustration toppic  :D
  • kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited March 2016
    consider this..
    You are discussing the buying of a homey from a reseller who has nothing to do with athom.. On the athom forums.
    Athom is paying money to keep the servers online and you are using those servers to buy a homey other that just ordering it from athom.. 

Seems to me like selling\buying your second hand electronics next to the cach register in a mediamarkt\ bcc\target, coolblue (or pick any other) store. Is it just me or is there something very wrong here? 
This discussion has been closed.