This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

User authentication and rights

gruijtergruijter Member
edited May 2015 in Archive

I would like my kids to only be able to use a sub-set of functionality that I can control myself ( Being the king of our castle ;-). And than for house-guests a subset of the functionality my kids have available. E.g I would allow the kids to switch on/of lights, but not to arm/disarm the burglar detection systeem. And guest might request the weather forcast, but not switch lights.

Also I might want to have different functionality available based on the interface method. E.g. via voice different commands may be used then when using the app, or when using the webinterface, or when using the API.

Do you have any plans to support this?

Comments

• That's a big thing to implement but a nice one.
    Though I think (voice) access and detection would/should be higher on the list, I would also like this feature.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2015

+1 and a "Awesome" from me!!

A few weeks ago, @Emile wrote that voice recognition is/should be possible...

but is very silent on that subject (to).

Feature request on this subject;
    Add an parameter (fe)male to the person.

This makes it possible to;

• prevent males to turn on the Oven.
    • female to switch the TV channel when male is watch soccer/sports
    • etc.
    • etc.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

lol @MarcoF

Rights management is already included in v1. You can give another user permission to every level, even devices. So later, it is relatively easy for us to add a voice trigger per user :)

• how are the rights managed? I guess giving phone/tablet app and api access to a command or not. But how is it managed with the voice? You disable voice activation on the specific commands.

To continue on the example of MarcoF:
    Only the phone of my girlfriend is allowed to control the oven and the voice control for the oven is disabled.

• You guys are awesome!
    My next project will be an connected cookie jar.

This discussion has been closed.