This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Google Nest + Homey Insights

Hello Everybody,

It it possible to get more info and history out of a nest with Homey Insights? With the regular Nest Webapp you can not get much info out of the device.

Regards!

Comments

• is there already an app for nest?
  • How can i install it on my homey
  • Download the repo and follow these instructions;
    https://developers.athom.com/library/getting-started
  • TarikFaikTarikFaik Member
    edited February 2016

I tried that but when i go to athom login it go's to http://localhost:8080 so to my pc and not my homy

PS C:\Users\Tarik> athom login
    Opening browser at http://localhost:8000
    Welcome, Tarik! You are now logged in on this computer.
  • A browser will open, and ask you for your account. When done, you can close this browser window.

That to me looks ok! 

Then (i think) you can run de downloaded Nest app with a command like this:

athom NameOfNestApp --run

• That is what is supposed to happen.

Now go to the location off the app and run this command: athom project --run

• cant find it on my apps i have some screen shots 

2.jpg 171.6K
    3.jpg 254K
    4.jpg 375.8K
  • See;
    https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/developers/p1452597613000067

If i'm right, then you need to go to the directory of the nest app and then run "athom project --run" and then athom will run in the nest app context.
  • @TarikFaik you have to download the source and save it localy. Then navigate in a cmd session to the folder where you stored it. Then run the command "athom project --run" so the actual text "project", not what you named it.

BTW, your screenshots are rather large, some people read this forum on phones.

• now i have nest on my homey but it seems not to work

1.jpg 38.5K
  • The app isn't officially published, so maybe there are some issues with it.... 
  • Your welcome?! 
  • Henri06522 said:
    It it possible to get more info and history out of a nest with Homey Insights?
    What kind of information?
  • Things like: 

- When the heater switch on and off?
    - How long does it take to reach temperatures?

Maybe it changed with gen 3 but the logging of a gen2 is minmal.

And where does Homey save the logging of Google? Because it is forbidden to save Google Data.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016

And where does Homey save the logging of Google? Because it is forbidden to save Google Data.

Like if we should give a shit. Google saves our data, all of our data. Theres no way to forbid them. Not even the EU or the US can stop them.
    Google is one of the last companys you should pay attention to forbid to safe date.

But is there any date set when the app will be finished so i can connect my Nest
    It mentioned waiting for 3th party. Is this Nest, because if you wait fotr Nest to reply on anything then it will be there when whe say hey grandpa to our over aged homey

The support desk of nest has a avarage waiting queue of 6 hours every single day because of all the bugs it has. (mainly in the opentherm com of the nest v3)
    I had to push them to the limit a high ranked employer got so angry of all my angry post on every twitter/facebook and other news they posted to get a reply.

• No indeed, there is no reason to give a shit. All I want to know is; will it be possible in het future to get more data out of Nest. More than with the regular Nest App. 
  • For now the Nest app doesn't log anything specific to Insights (except for thermostat temperature). What other sorts of information would like to have logged to Insights? By the way, the Nest app just went live on the app store!
  • Missing away option 
  • @Robin It would be nice to log the time the Nest is on (Energy History).
  • @Robin ;

For example;
    - When did the heater switch on and off
    - How long does it take before target temperature has been reached
    - 24/7 temperature measurements

• RobinRobin Member
    TarikFaik said:
    Missing away option 
    Away functionality will be released in the upcoming version! Unfortunately, Nest doesn't allow third parties to change the away status, so read only..

@Robin It would be nice to log the time the Nest is on (Energy History).
    I'm afraid this is something not supported by the Nest API.

@Robin ;

For example;
    - When did the heater switch on and off
    - How long does it take before target temperature has been reached
    - 24/7 temperature measurements

The Nest API doesn't give any detailed information on when it switches on the heater. How long it takes before target temperature is reached is something you could create in a flow yourself (listening on temperature changed), and is not something that will be implemented in the app itself. By the way, temperature measurements are automatically logged to Insights, this might provide you the information you are looking for.
  • Perhaps a new newsfact. I've read on nu.nl/tech/ today, that Nest is updating it's away/home function to make it more accurate. It's going  to use the iOS and Android location function.  :smile:            
  • Insights of my nest termostat are gone. Had to re add, because of the new version, but now i don't have anny insights of nest. Anyone got the same poblem?
  • Yes, I have the same problem. Insights are gone....insights of Hue are still there..
  • That is not a problem, but a feature. Well, without kidding, Nest enforces a rule that prohibits us from saving data any longer than 10 days. Therefore we had to leave it out of Insights.
  • Damn....well ty for the quick reply. And thank you for this feature add! ;)
  • hmmm... don't like that rule.
    So with the trigger card "temperature has changed", temp token in combination with the bether logic app i can do this myselve :wink:  ?

Noticed humidity is added, but not the trigger card "humidity has changed", is this "feature" on its way? :smile: