This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Google Nest + Homey Insights

2»

Comments

• Yes, gotta love better logic  ;)
  • or you can remove the "feature" and install it via CLI.? :naughty:
    it's only a few lines of code to remove
  • JerryvdvJerryvdv Member
    edited November 2016
     >:) 
  • luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited November 2016
    Anyone else lost the insight information since we had to reconnect the nest due to an update?

My nest is not available in the insights viewer anymore

)Already tried disabling enabling the app, aswell as removing the device and adding it)
  • Anyone else lost the insight information since we had to reconnect the nest due to an update?

)Already tried disabling enabling the app, aswell as removing the device and adding it)
    Robin said:
    That is not a problem, but a feature. Well, without kidding, Nest enforces a rule that prohibits us from saving data any longer than 10 days. Therefore we had to leave it out of Insights.
  • PBaan93 said:
    Anyone else lost the insight information since we had to reconnect the nest due to an update?

Robin said:
    That is not a problem, but a feature. Well, without kidding, Nest enforces a rule that prohibits us from saving data any longer than 10 days. Therefore we had to leave it out of Insights.
    Oh no :(  I bought the nest for the insights.

Anyway to at least enable the 10 days?
    Or hack in the insights part?  Is the code that enabled this still availabe on github? So we can create a branch
  • PBaan93 said:
    hmmm... don't like that rule.
    So with the trigger card "temperature has changed", temp token in combination with the bether logic app i can do this myselve :wink:  ?

Noticed humidity is added, but not the trigger card "humidity has changed", is this "feature" on its way? :smile: 
    maybe read the forum first :wink: 
    edited November 2016
    PBaan93 said:

Robin said:
    Oh no   I bought the nest for the insights.

Or hack in the insights part?  Is the code that enabled this still availabe on github? So we can create a branch
    Okay i found where i have to change things.

If anyone needs this please let me know, i havent tested it yet.

Have to findout how to change some code after getting it from GIT and then installing is.

• PBaan93 said:

Robin said:
    Oh no   I bought the nest for the insights.

Okay i found where i have to change things.

If anyone needs this please let me know, i havent tested it yet.

Have to findout how to change some code after getting it from GIT and then installing is.

Is not going to work because of some secret environmental stuff which is not on GIT.

@Robin ,  any news on adding at least the 10 days insights?
  • Maybe it's possible to download insights every week.
    I you can do that by hand, why not automated ?
    Probably something that has to be added by Athom.
  • @YvesGeffens ;
    can't do that, at least created by athom, then they offer a way to save data more then 10 days, which is not allowed
  • So we download it by hand, every week.
    I'll make a flow in Homey to warn me each sunday :-)
    Just kidding, I don't have a Nest, but you get my point.
    I think NO company should be allowed to say what I can, or can NOT do with MY data.

• So we download it by hand, every week.
    I'll make a flow in Homey to warn me each sunday :-)
    Just kidding, I don't have a Nest, but you get my point.
    I think NO company should be allowed to say what I can, or can NOT do with MY data.

I know, but Nest forces Athom to destroy the data after 10 days.
    But worse is that now the whole insights for nest is gone.
    Not even 10 days, so I cant check back my thermostat at cold nights, see how the new insulation is working over a 10 day period and so on.

And those 10 days can be fixed very easily I think
  • Just use better logic to store a variable when temp changes. 

I did that to so I have the room temp in insights
    edited December 2016
    tim1990 said:
    Just use better logic to store a variable when temp changes. 

I did that to so I have the room temp in insights
    Can you share your flow?
    Because the Temp variable of the Nest is a String, which i can save to a String but that cant be used in insights.
    How do you get to saving it in a Number?

A got it working, need to use the Variable changed, and not the number or the string variant.

Thanks!
  • @tim1990 ;
    That's more or less the same trick I use to log a Countdown counter. Store it's value in something that can be logged.

@luccie_007
    I know it's not Athom's fault, I meant that Nest shouldn't dictate use. 
    I had 3 Nest Protect's at home that were not performing well (v1's). I sent them back to the seller, I got store credit for that. I have the choice to buy the v2's or buy something else.
    Now I know what policy Nest enforces, it will be another brand, sorry Nest...
  • @tim1990 ;
    That's more or less the same trick I use to log a Countdown counter. Store it's value in something that can be logged.

@luccie_007
    I know it's not Athom's fault, I meant that Nest shouldn't dictate use. 
    I had 3 Nest Protect's at home that were not performing well (v1's). I sent them back to the seller, I got store credit for that. I have the choice to buy the v2's or buy something else.
    Now I know what policy Nest enforces, it will be another brand, sorry Nest...
    It's actually funny that Google (owner of nest) does not want to keep the data,
    While all they do is store every bit of data they can find.
  • who says they dont store it? athom is not allowed but i think they do. 

how could they send you an overview every month
  • @tim1990 That's what @luccie_007 means, there's one word missing in the sentence ;)
  • Hi,  is it possible to add more accounts of NEST to one HOMEY. and allows to keep track of NEST protect functionality of more houses?