This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Infrared support Samsung SmartTV

Hi,

Just tried the infrared, but when I press any button on my remote, I only get a red cross for acknowledgement, I assume it is not detecting the samsung infrared codes.

Is there a list of what infrared tv models are supported and is there documentation on how I could add support for samsung myself?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    The new Infrared pair wizard will be released (hopefully) within a week, which allows you to add ANY button. So please sit tight :)
  • Still it would be fine to know which function work and which do not :)
  • @Emile Has this been released yet? And where can we find the changelog for software updates?
  • I guess IR support is built into the firmware and not a seperate app so as 0.8.18 hasn't been relased yet (not even to the experimental channel) it's not here yet.
  • samsung smart tv is still not supported. basic very old samsung remotes are.
    The wizard only reacts when you push volume up and down and it selects the oldest samsung remotes.
    I have 4 different samsung smart tvs in home, none of the smart remotes get detected. so nu options for smarttv, channel list, guide and so. just channel up , volume up . power on most of the time fucks up by turning on and off not knowing the specific on and specific off ir command
  • @mruiter: I managed to add all my remotes with the wizard in 0.8.20. None of my remotes are  in the database unfortunately so I had to manually add every key...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    @mruiter: I managed to add all my remotes with the wizard in 0.8.20. None of my remotes are  in the database unfortunately so I had to manually add every key...
    That i could do.. but i dont live in 2010, its 2016..... i buy a homey because im lazy.
    Samsung is world market leader on the tv market..... I should be fully supported as first.
  • i'm a little confused, as it seems  that the Samsung smart remote uses Bluetooth, and only the on/off seems to use Infrared. (needs to be in line of sight) all other buttons work without seeing the TV. (maybe the full remote that came with the TV uses only IR), I need to have a look into this, But for me having Homey control my Samsung UE60H7000 would be highly appreciated.
  • @Robebar There should be an extra remote with numbers on it, try that one. Samsung supplies two remotes where one is using bluetooth and more advanced, and the other is more old fashioned :-)
  • mrkoopie said:
    @Robebar There should be an extra remote with numbers on it, try that one. Samsung supplies two remotes where one is using bluetooth and more advanced, and the other is more old fashioned :-)
    Thanks, yes I have the other one also. I need to test it, never even put bateries in  that one.. If that one is just IR than I guess parring should be no problem.  
  • Robebar said:
    mrkoopie said:
    @Robebar There should be an extra remote with numbers on it, try that one. Samsung supplies two remotes where one is using bluetooth and more advanced, and the other is more old fashioned :-)
    Thanks, yes I have the other one also. I need to test it, never even put bateries in  that one.. If that one is just IR than I guess parring should be no problem.  
    Do keep in mind that you need Homey to learn your remote, as it did not support mine yet. I haven't tried 0.8.20 yet, but I hope it  will support this remote.
  • @mrkoopie ;
    Let see and please share, I'm patiently waiting for my homey to arrive. "thanks"
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited November 2017
    Modbreak :
    This discussion is deprecated, 
    For IR Learning for the Samsung  see the Athom App https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3667
    Closed and Archived. 
This discussion has been closed.