This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Very bad response time

2»

Comments

• Hi Tunf this is the response I get from pathping (from laptop connected wireless)
  • i'm a "little bit" worried about homey performance.. cpu load and netowrk response.
    i haven't recieve it yet, but yeah i have a lot of flow to create and many iot device to connect...hope he could work with my stuff..h24 7x7..... i don't remember if homey has rj45 port..
  • Its not responding very fast 
    Picture 1 = Homey
    Picture 2 = Toon
    Booth on wifi

• mmmm.... can u tell me if homey has rj45/LAN port? thank you
  • @Sommo no rj45/lan port only wireless
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited February 2016
    i realize too late that's bad.. anyway i put it in front of the router :p
  • Not sure Sommo wireless should be no problem normally but at the moment I'm wondering if the very bad response with ping got something to do with voice response/training not working for me
  • Seems to be the case still with 0.8.20:

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 137ms, Average = 55ms

That's from a wired machine to Homey. It doesn't bother me, but it is strange to see such a huge variation in latency (from 2 to 137ms within 35 pings!).

What is considered to be a normal loadavg?
  • @Sommo; not sure if this helps but I know there was some talk of a possible USB to power/ethernet splitter being used. But those were just some ideas on the forum, nothing solid.
  • Just to keep to the facts

The terrible ping results are related to homey's PSM (Power Save Mode) this doesn't say we can relate problems to it.
    Only thing we can say is that it is a little bit strange to use it on a device that is connected by wired powercable

The terrible ping results are related to homey's PSM (Power Save Mode) this doesn't say we can relate problems to it.
    Only thing we can say is that it is a little bit strange to use it on a device that is connected by wired powercable
    I noticed this too when calling "Hey Homey" after I was out of the room for a moment: You have to call twice. I think power-saving isn't that bad (why bother being on full-power all night?) but it should only start after half an hour or an hour or something like that.

I noticed this too when calling "Hey Homey" after I was out of the room for a moment: You have to call twice. I think power-saving isn't that bad (why bother being on full-power all night?) but it should only start after half an hour or an hour or something like that.
    Seems like "adjustable power saving" is a good feature request. 
  • Don't make this bigger then needed. Probably psm is on for a very plausible reason :smile: 
  • try this:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-on-sale/
    A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1)Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2
  • tommyjay said:
    @Sommo; not sure if this helps but I know there was some talk of a possible USB to power/ethernet splitter being used. But those were just some ideas on the forum, nothing solid.
    thanks! but u're right, probably is not network problem but cpu, or maybe the standby mode