This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.18

Comments

• Emile said:
    I'm going to ship 0.8.18 this Friday to the beta channel :) 
    Great! Too much isnt working right now so I hope this helps get things started.. if not nothing lost :)
  • Great!
  • I luve you @emile

Also :heart: to athom! 
  • Yes today HOMEY grows again  B)
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited February 2016
    Great! Next milestone!  B)

Please include (if possible on forehand) the release notes of 0.8.18 to control the enthusiastic geek crowd waiting eagerly to test version 0.8.18 this weekend. 
    I expect that the current milestone overview on GitHub for version 0.8.18 is not complete (yet)...
  • Great news, switching to beta channel for this.
  • Here also switching To The beta channel.  :)
  • WimstradamusWimstradamus Member
    edited February 2016
    aren't we all in the beta channel  ;) 
  • aren't we all in the beta channel  ;) 
    :) :p
  • Hehe, but with the beta channel activated you join the super beta beta channel.. ;)
  • aren't we all in the beta channel  ;) 
    Normally it would be the first option I would change.
    But... you can't go back to stable after selecting it.

I'm a little hesitant to go to beta.  If your house suddenly stops responding, my wife wouldn't be very happy :)
  • you can revert to the normal update program by doing a full system reset (Homey up-side-down method)... 
    Be careful, last time I did a full system reset just before doing the update to the current update... with the red ring as result. Don't know if this was a part of the reason the update failed but I learned that day to wait for an update, install it fully and if necessary I will do a reset after everything is installed and ready. :)
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited February 2016
    Martijn said:
    you can revert to the normal update program by doing a full system reset (Homey up-side-down method)... 
    Be careful, last time I did a full system reset just before doing the update to the current update... with the red ring as result. Don't know if this was a part of the reason the update failed but I learned that day to wait for an update, install it fully and if necessary I will do a reset after everything is installed and ready.
    A red ring of death, Homey is secretly a Xbox360..
  • Martijn said:
    you can revert to the normal update program by doing a full system reset (Homey up-side-down method)... 

I don't think this works, I think you have to reflash the image for reverting from stable versions to release versions. Normal resetting keeps your data while it can be completely garbled by the beta-version...
  •  As long as there is no decent way of doing a backup/restore I am not going to use the beta channel. I will have to wait a few more days.
  • Martijn said:
    Be careful, last time I did a full system reset just before doing the update to the current update... with the red ring as result. Don't know if this was a part of the reason the update failed but I learned that day to wait for an update, install it fully and if necessary I will do a reset after everything is installed and ready. :)
    For the moment, I don't mind resetting my Homey for testing purposes.
    But when it's going to be fully configured, with all my z-wave modules added and flows configured, that's not something you'd want to do.
    It will take you hours to get everything back up and running!  :/
  • Beta here (maybe things will work now)
  • Beta of your Windows 10 installation @MennoVanDerAat ?? ;)
  • Fire69 said:

But when it's going to be fully configured, with all my z-wave modules added and flows configured, that's not something you'd want to do.
    By then the Backup/Restore functionality should also be fully functional, so by then you should be able to Restore your settings after a full system reset...
  • Ah, right, forgot about the Backup they are going to implement.
    If that works as advertised, resetting would be a very acceptable option :)
  • Martijn said:
    Beta of your Windows 10 installation @MennoVanDerAat ?? ;)
    Fast ring
  • Bumblez said:
    Fire69 said:

By then the Backup/Restore functionality should also be fully functional, so by then you should be able to Restore your settings after a full system reset...

You're right.....here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • I also joined the beta channel. Is the update from 0.8.17 to this version done automagically or do I have to reboot Homey?
  • I think it;s not released yet!
    But I believe it should install automatically
  • I did a Total reset of homey, and put it back to factory settings.
    now everything SEEMS ok. I see the rainbow ledring, when I speek to homey the ledring turns orange but nothing is happening further . Hè dous not speak when asking the time and hè Will not executie commands. Should I wait for the update? Can I do anything else?
  • Same here, I'd wait for the update.
  • scenarbelgium Try to change language to a different voice, re-install the voice you where using.
  • I did a Total reset of homey, and put it back to factory settings.
    now everything SEEMS ok. I see the rainbow ledring, when I speek to homey the ledring turns orange but nothing is happening further . Hè dous not speak when asking the time and hè Will not executie commands. Should I wait for the update? Can I do anything else?

Try going to the /manager/speech-input page and say a command there to see if it executes.
    You can also go to to /mananger/speech-output page and type something just to see if Homey's voice is working.
  • @panda I allready use An other voice that's when the problems started , now I am using brian's voice again. = factory settings
  • @fire69 the ledring turns to orange but homey Will not answer when using speech-input .
    the page speech output dous not seems to load. 
This discussion has been closed.