This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

I have cancelled my Homey order!

Comments

• @dailfy
    gewoon email naar Stefan. Administratie

• daylfy said:
    [...]
    bestel er wel 1 als het goed werkt en dat zie ik de komende jaren echt niet gebeuren.

btw
    Kom op mensen we leven in Nederland waarom in Engels, maak dan lekker een Engels forum aan.

LOL, if it would really take several years before it became a decent product, I wouldn't eveb want to buy it anymore then :joy: 

They did make an English forum, you"re on it right now  ;)

Bye!
  • @daylfy @Delta ; Thanks for your time, i'm sorry our marriage is over. Please feel free to leave the house but please give back your key.

No homey (pre- order) no forum needs, please remove your account so you clear the path for other users to be involved.
  • It's stupid how people react to someone's irritation on this forum. Of course it might be excessive to go into detail here to tell that you cancel your order. but it just seems that it's not allowed that you say anything negative to Athom.

I've been following this forum for several months now, purely to keep up2date about the progress, but there is almost no update here, only some short messages if you look good in some topics about a bug that's fixt in the next update realise. Ok when can we expect the next update release? 

I (pre)ordered my homey 6 months ago, and if i must wait 3/4 months, its fine.. But communicate that, so i know that..

• @reemster, it will take about 3/4 months from now. Just to get you informed.
  • You have a point about the communication. That is still not good enough.

But other than that I don't think there is a lot wrong with Athom.
    Delta is clearly frustrated, and (IMHO) exaggerating a lot. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    +1+2+3+4 on more and better communication.

Emile did post today on some topic, but the topic about delay/firmware/communication were ignored..... :neutral: 
  • I have bought 2 homey's! One pre-order and last week a geek edition. 
    until last week I was very disappointed in athom because the delays.
    But now I understand why they are waiting with further shipping.
    I have the full faith in them.

And yes a Dutch form would be better for me, because my English is not so good. But the most people understand me and I have never heard a comment about it. 

• This discussion does remind me of the Fibaro forum just after the 4.0 firmware release. It took them a bit of time to stabalize it. This is complex stuff. Just give them some room to fix it. 

@Emile and the rest of the staff, I have to agree with the others, a little more communication would be nice. We are currently your extended test team. Give us feedback, tell us what is happening. Make a daily blog about progress. People will get more involved and they will keep the love.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    More frequent and better communication is asked since the Kickstarter campaign succeeded..... See how its going almost 2 years later....

So on the communication point the lost my faith.

Nevertheless I still believe homey will get here/there. 
  • MichaelMichael Member
    edited February 2016
    daylfy said:

Kom op mensen we leven in Nederland waarom in Engels, maak dan lekker een Engels forum aan.
    You probably won't believe this, but the planet is actually bigger than The Netherlands.

btw: I counted 9 faults in your Dutch sentences so please never write Dutch anymore :neutral: 
    daylfy said:

...maak dan lekker een Engels forum aan.
    That's exactly what this is. That's why we speak English here :smile: 
  • Well...at least he has gotten his frustration out of his system..

toedels..

• Delta said:
    @kriebelkous you mean Jobs his communication with the people around him.
    The communication outbound is   a example for a lot of companies.
    A lot of people are sucked into the marketing of Apple.
    always deliver what they say
    As someone who has worked in costumer service between Apple and the consumer for almost decade i can assure you you are very very far of reality here..

The same goes for most other large marketshare companies. 

But again.. i agree on the communication complaints.. maybe @emile just needs to hire a social media manager and get it over with :smiley: 
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited February 2016

But again.. i agree on the communication complaints.. maybe @emile just needs to hire a social media manager and get it over with smiley 

@Delta;
    bye! I still got hopes (and my homey :smile: )

But I get the communication part.
    I said it multiple times,  I'm a kickstarter backer, I am aware that it is a first one and its very hard, and especially that things wont work at the first try. WE AS BACKERS UNDERSTAND. 

But keep us updated!, If we call out issues, have a question or suggestion, just say "hey we are aware" or "yeah,, but this is not a priority"
    Thats all. I see it at my own dayjob, little updates, how meaningless they might seem, save your reputation/ make your life easier.

Looking forward to the 0.8.18 :smile: 

• Thanks for pointing out that Athom is not Apple 2016 and Homey is not iPhone 6.
    Homey is a kickstarter startup. I decided to participate early by investing some bucks. Fully expecting to have to wait a year, and then some, and then getting a product with the maturity of a 3 months old puppy. We are all eager to get a bit more maturity and start the training. But if you did not expect puppy behaviour, please consider getting urself a fully domesticated fullgrown dog.
    (oh yeah, I like kittens too)
  • Suc6 ermee jongens, meisjes en fanboys.

blijven jullie maar dromen dat het met een paar maanden wel werkt.

een apparaat van 300 euro en met een investering van +/-miljoen gaat homey hey nog heel moeilijk krijgen.
    Er komen nu al producten op de markt die wel werken tegen de helft van de prijs, het zal ook niet lang meer duren voordat dat smartthings van Samsung naar Nederland komt dat zal de meeste meer aanspreken, dan een stembediende homey zoals athom het presenteert, wat in de praktijk nooit zal werken als je muziek, tv of mensen op bezoek hebt.
    maar daar komen jullie nog wel achter
  • ZUCHT........
    @daylfly you have made you're point by now. We know now you have "cancelled "..................................
  • How about we all let this thread go and let it sink to the bottom of Neverland :smile: 
  • ploppyploppy Member
    edited February 2016
    Could everyone else follow this example please (cancel the order)? I will get my Homey sooner this way :blush: 
  • Come on guys... 

Everybody has a right to an opinion, but not an obligation to vent it here. Let's not forget that English is not the first language of many here (me included), and even in ones own language not everybody is able to write all that well. So even if they don't expres it very eloquently, I get the frustration from Delta and daylfy.

I don't think it is wrong to expres on a forum like this why you cancelled your pre-order (or sold your Geek edition like I did). It can only help Athom to understand where users get frustrated, and deal with those issues with more vigor. I too wonder why critisism doesn't seem to be allowed. Should users also stop filing bugs in the issue tracker because bugs are so negative? Pointing out issues is being constructive in my opinion. 

On the "good riddance" comments, or waving Ariel or cat pictures: grow up and get a life please. You are by no means obliged to read this topic; it was clearly marked as a "goodbye" message. It is not like Delta was spamming every other topic here with negative comments, was he?
  • Sure, vent all you like, but don't tell things that just aren't true.

For example, where have you seen Athom being arrogant?
    And the fact that the delivered Homey is in an early beta stage? That's the risk you take when backing on Kickstarter.

That might be the only real error that Athom has made until now.  It might have been a bad idea to offer the pre-orders already (or set such an early date) when the software wasn't ready at all.
  • It is not like Delta was spamming every other topic here with negative comments, was he?
    He wasn't? I've tried to find anything other than negative comments from him since the start of this year... I failed.

As for the rest of your comment... yes, I do understand that people are frustrated, and we all want better communication from Athom (that seems to be the main point of criticism by just about everyone).
    And I agree that it's useful for Athom to know why people cancel their pre-orders, but the OP contains quite a few cases of simply incorrect 'facts', of assigning comments from community members to Athom, and of simply overreacting, that it's not constructive at all, and even becomes a bit childish (in line with those 'good riddance' comments)...
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    edited February 2016
    I, for one, am glad that someone posted this. I was not even aware that (pre)orders could be cancelled. I consider cancelling mine, not because I think Homey is bad... I think it is a great product, and will only get better. It is the only really generic home automation system out there. I run a self made RasPi solution now... which requires my own time when I want to change something... this is the strength of Homey, that there is a whole community developing software as well, more extensive, and probably better than I will.

The reason I might cancel is purely a business decision. There are no advantages to pre-ordering. Waiting might end up costing you a few bucks more, most likely not, either way, it wont be much extra. The disadvantage is however that you are tied to this one solution until it becomes available. By the time Homey ships / leaves Beta / is available in stores, there might be another product I would rather like to have, or I might have solved my own automation requirements in another way, or.... Bottom line is the difference whether I wait for Homey with money in my bank account, and the freedom to change my mind (You never know what the coming months bring) or with money in someone else's bank account, tied to their solution. Just some perspective, no hard feelings, and still hoping to own a Homey soon!
  • And that is how you make a normal post about the reasons why you have or want to cancel your pre-order.
    No yelling or exaggerating, just explain in a normal way why you cancelled. :)
  • ... cancel? Why? Becase it doesn't have a 3-d foodprinter with VR-control built-in? :smirk: 

Voice contol is a work in progress, yes, but try calling someone using Siri when you have contact like "Mam" and a contact called "Mann". Or navigate by voice. Good chance that doesn't work well  either... and yet created a few years ago by Apple! It's just one of the "extra" features of homey.

Homey is in it's growing fase, and new apps and app-ideas start to emerge. The power of homey now, is the power of the community. Homey will even potentially be a new-standard, i believe. You don't have to buy expensive equipment anymore for instnance. You can even use the equipment you have. Saving a lot of money.

The thing they've already achieved is that (in theory) ALL brands can work with, and control(!), each other. Samsung with Sony, Philips with JVC etc etc. Appliances with or without wifi controling and monitoring each other. And so on, and so on. I really can't think of 1 product that does that all-in-one, but only Homey! :smiley: :heart: 

• Perhaps it's better to close this topic, the topic started has made his point(which is his right to do so) and if we do or don't agree that doesn't matter. Everyone knows that a startup like Homey can have a hard time but this company has a great community which will help creating apps and helps to report bugs. It will be a success soon or later, I'm sure of that.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited February 2016
    jovink said:

And yes a Dutch form would be better for me, because my English is not so good. But the most people understand me and I have never heard a comment about it. 

There is nothing wrong with ur english m8!
    There are peeps here that wright "the" while they mean to write "they"
    Cannot tell u who it is because maybe he will stop with the "i love forums 3 "
    There are also peeps that wright "peeps" instead of "people" and "ur" instead of "your".
    There are also peeps that cannot wright in dutch so ur doin a good job!
  • jovink said:

There is nothing wrong with ur english m8!
    There are peeps here that wright "the" while they mean to write "they"
    Cannot tell u who it is because maybe he will stop with the "i love forums 3 "
    There are also peeps that wright "peeps" instead of "people" and "ur" instead of "your".
    There are also peeps that cannot wright in dutch so ur doin a good job!
    There are even people who write wright instead of write.

Sorry, couldn't resist!  :#

But indeed, it doesn't matter if you make some mistakes.  If the people trying to help don't understand your question, they'll ask for some more info.  We're all (I hope) here to help, if you do your best, so will we :smile: 
  • Fire69 said:

There are even people who write wright instead of write.

Sorry, couldn't resist!  :#

Hehe :D

• Reflow said:
    Perhaps it's better to close this topic, the topic started has made his point(which is his right to do so) and if we do or don't agree that doesn't matter. Everyone knows that a startup like Homey can have a hard time but this company has a great community which will help creating apps and helps to report bugs. It will be a success soon or later, I'm sure of that.
    My goal is to post 2 positive comments for every negative one I read.

Even my girlfriend is starting to like Homey. Homey told her how good she looked. Since then, she thanks homey when it turns the lights off. B) I'm in geek-heaven!
This discussion has been closed.