This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

For sale: Homey

Here, unfortunately the WAF is too low, so I am selling my Homey again. I hope the guys at Athom can make it work as nicely as in the kickstarter video one day, but it seems that day is not this day. So, if anyone wants to put in an offer, here is the ad: http://tweakers.net/aanbod/925281/athom-homey-geek-edition.html

Comments

• just for fun , 2 homeys can they talk with each other ?

can you tell me with parts exactly are extra in the geek edition ? 
  • It's just a normal Homey, it only came with some extra tranceivers and flat cables you can add to your arduino or something. Sold already by the way. 
  • Yea, And I'm happy with it :)
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd like to buy it @AndreSomers ! Can you contact me at "Homey @ rbrink.nl"?
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited February 2016
    brinkie said:
    check the link it is sold !! if you want you can google , there are others on the internet. 
  • Nattelip said:
    brinkie said:
    check the link it is sold !! if you want you can google , there are others on the internet. 
    Any tips where? I can't find any.
  • I found one! If all goes well, I'll have it in a day or two.
  • @Brinkie Welcome at the club of second hand homey owners :)
  • and then u bought a bricked 1 and dont know wtf to do with it, lol
  • this afternoon i bought a geek edition for the normal geek price on markplaats.nl
    Glad there are people that don't ask double the money for it. (like that link above)
  • Athom Homey - Geek Edition aangeboden:

Prijs€ 250,-
    VerzendkostenExclusief ( vanuit NL )
    StaatNieuw - Ontvangen op 12.02.2016
    GarantieNee
    VerzendingOphalen en (pakket)post nationaal NL
    Betaling
    Contant of bank vooraf

Athom Homey - Geek Edition. Dus inclusief de RF tranceivers. 

Voor ons in huis werkt de Homey momenteel nog niet goed genoeg. Wellicht ligt het aan de akoestiek bij ons in de woonkamer; wellicht ligt het aan mijn ongeduld. 

Hij komt uit de Kickstarter; ik heb geen idee of dat garantie oplevert.

hubert.h.bergmans@gmail.com
    +32 471 779857 (België)

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    @HubertHBergmans

Weet je zeker dat je niet gewoon nog een maandje of zo wilt wachten totdat de software wat beter ontwikkeld/stabieler is? Je hebt tenslotte al een paar jaar gewacht op de hardware...

(in english):
    Are you sure you don't simply want to wait a month or so, until the software is a bit more evolved/stable? After all, you've already waited a couple of years for the hardware...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd/elektronica-componenten/m1021854614-homey-geek-edition.html

Another Sale!!!

sales the last days;
    MP: 5 
    Domotica-forum: 3
    This forum: 3(?)

:worried: 
  • I thinks it's a fraud. They so happen to have exactly the same reason to get rid of it?

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd/elektronica-componenten/m1021124741-homey-geek-edition.html

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd/elektronica-componenten/m1021854614-homey-geek-edition.html

Seems somebody is trying to take advantage of desperate Homey fans.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    The persons live 100km from each other.... 

correction is a 150km drive... And i think the Time reason is a very plausible one. Its not consumer proof and somebody who is not so Geek as we hope, should spend countless hours to get homey work properly. I read posts of people who are take a whole evening to homey and got not (expected) response.

I believe that there even will be Geeks which say; I done with it and sell it.
  • So?

Still the message in their description is the same. And they describe a rather 'first world problem' reason to get rid of a device they paid 200 euro's for. But maybe the hobby of home automation is first world problem activity anyway ;) 
    I don't know about these advertisements, but it seems suspicious.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    https://www.diffchecker.com/4q7lkg2n

Check the diffs :smile: 

The third pic of this ad;
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrije-tijd/elektronica-componenten/m1021124741-homey-geek-edition.html

Says enough about the owner, its not on this forum (else it should know to bend it) and also not so "Geek" :neutral: 
  • not everyone is the same. It says nothing about homey or the person. Maybe really no time to dive in.
  • Beste lezers,

Geen fraude of wat dan ook!
    Ik heb - gemakshalve - een verkooptekst gekopieerd maar ken de andere verkoper(s) niet. 
    Ik woon in België en ben ondanks leeftijd (59) geïnteresseerd in domotica en andere nieuwe technische uitvindingen. Ik heb Hue, LIFX etc. maar hier moet ik teveel - technische - kennis instoppen dat me teveel is. Soms moet je toegeven dat je niet alles meer kan volgen.
    Wil noch Athom medewerkers, noch andere 'Geeks' beledigen met verkoop.

Ik heb inmiddels een geïnteresseerde. 

Eenieder succes met uw Homey by Athom.

• LuukVisscherLuukVisscher Member
    edited February 2016

bartez234 said:
    I thinks it's a fraud. They so happen to have exactly the same reason to get rid of it?

Text removed. Apologies to @HuberBergmans
  • bartez234 said:
    I thinks it's a fraud. They so happen to have exactly the same reason to get rid of it?

Indeed suspicious. They are both "10½ jaar actief op Marktplaats". Very coincidental.

He just responded and to be honest I do always the same. Check other ads that are the same and copy the text and change it a bit. People are overreacting.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    come on guys.... Please don't attack persons if you don't know them and the are not here.... the can't defend themselves.

Also 2 of the 3 Homey sellers on Domotica-forum are Mods on the specific forum, so the are well known in the community and should have great Domotica skills/knowledge..... and the sold there homey....

Hopefully you guys are not finding out i'm also 10,5 years on MP.nl..... :worried: :cry: 

• Beste lezers,

Geen fraude of wat dan ook!
    Ik heb - gemakshalve - een verkooptekst gekopieerd maar ken de andere verkoper(s) niet. 
    Ik woon in België en ben ondanks leeftijd (59) geïnteresseerd in domotica en andere nieuwe technische uitvindingen. Ik heb Hue, LIFX etc. maar hier moet ik teveel - technische - kennis instoppen dat me teveel is. Soms moet je toegeven dat je niet alles meer kan volgen.
    Wil noch Athom medewerkers, noch andere 'Geeks' beledigen met verkoop.

Ik heb inmiddels een geïnteresseerde. 

Eenieder succes met uw Homey by Athom.

Still a pity that people make these decisions based on the Homey's current (beta) state. I'm sure that, in 1 or 2 months, once the software is a bit more evolved, the Homey will be a lot easier to use for mainstream (non-Geek) users, with hardly any technical knowledge.
  • @Bumblez ;
    Do you have a Homey yourself ?
  • How manny times have I mentionsed the problems, the keep on sending "positive" thoughts etc to keep you on the line, or better on a short line.
    what happens??? Almost nothing in the way they communicate.
    for what has all the people had to wait such a long time??
    the results are very very.....poor!

looks like some guys made a fantastic engine and are enthousiastic about it. A lot of people 
    recalling their words as an echo, and believe in it as a holy one,...and at the end everybody is amazed that the motor can make only some sounds, and ther is No chassie/ car around the motor to let it drive like everybody thought. Because the image that was made was of a fast shiny car with all kinds of great gatchets!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    MarcoF said:
    @Bumblez ;;;;;;
    Do you have a Homey yourself ?
    Patiently waiting for mine, while looking into the options to start programming apps for it. I don't expect mine to work fine the moment it arrives, I know the software will take (at least) a couple of more months before it's at the level where I can use it for all the stuff I want to. So even if I had one right now, it would probably sit on the shelf waiting for that moment...

@Delta
    "The results are very very.....poor!"... exactly what do you base that on?
    As far as I can tell, the hardware that was delivered, works (which is why your comparison with the car is a complete mismatch). Now they're at the next step, which is testing, bugfixing and improving the software (both the Homey's firmware and the collection of available apps). By the time the next batch gets delivered, the firmware should be in a more advanced/stable state, and a few more apps should be available.
    Sure, they still have a long way to go, but I really can't share your level of pessimism.
    The only thing I can agree with you on, is that Athom still isn't very good at communicating (I can understand that they have other priorities, but that doesn't make it right).

• @Bumblez;
    OK, thanks I know enough :heart:
  • Delta said:
    How manny times have I mentionsed the problems, the keep on sending "positive" thoughts etc to keep you on the line, or better on a short line.
    what happens??? Almost nothing in the way they communicate.
    for what has all the people had to wait such a long time??
    the results are very very.....poor!

looks like some guys made a fantastic engine and are enthousiastic about it. A lot of people 
    recalling their words as an echo, and believe in it as a holy one,...and at the end everybody is amazed that the motor can make only some sounds, and ther is No chassie/ car around the motor to let it drive like everybody thought. Because the image that was made was of a fast shiny car with all kinds of great gatchets!
    I don't get your comparison...
    The car (homey) is complete, they just have to upgrade the motor management software. You can start it, but it doesn't drive very well for the moment  ;)
This discussion has been closed.