This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

ooops!

spamenigmaspamenigma Member
edited March 2016 in Archive
We have just had a whole evening of homey saying something like "ooops, I'm unable to connect to the server try again later", wife not impressed neutral  (I assume something to do with your servers showing being in maintenance all night?)

So the suggestion is can we have configurable options for how to notify when this happens? such as say oops etc.. and/or do something configurable with the ring (e.g. pulse red?) and/or send a notification to a preferred configured notification destination?

Maybe some way to acknowledge/suppress the alert for a period of time?

Comments

• SommoSommo Member
    edited March 2016
    interesting! if that ooops event is generated when athom's servers goes down, it could be nice have the same reaction  when internet connection fail (ex. reaching/ping to 8.8.8.8 failed), it could be a sort of wan/uplink check. coudl be usefull, and ofcourse only if it could be customizable. +1
  • This is a good idea...nobody wants to hear OOPS in the middle of the night hehe 
  • Done it again a few minutes ago, its not helping my cause to justify the solution to my wife ;)

• My wife is getting crazy as well about this message, so i turned the volume down when Homey tells something, getting a push message now with the thing Homey wants to tell, till this problem is solved :smile: 

• This isn't funny now, its just done it again whilst my wife was on the phone to a customer and she's not happy. :neutral: 

Was about to unplug and saw your suggestion Reflow, will give it a try thanks!!
  • kitkat said:
    This is a good idea...nobody wants to hear OOPS in the middle of the night hehe 
    Set the volume to 5% when the time is 23:00 and back to 100% at 9:00 :)
  • jorden said:
    kitkat said:
    This is a good idea...nobody wants to hear OOPS in the middle of the night hehe 
    Set the volume to 5% when the time is 23:00 and back to 100% at 9:00 :)
    Still don't want to hear Oops at 9 a clock in the morning haha. I will set it back to 100% when i receive zero push messages about the Oops message haha.
This discussion has been closed.