This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: AEOTec recessed door sensor Gen5 ; pair OK, but generic alarm 'always on'

2»

Comments

• AlleAlle Member
    edited March 2016
    H,,

Don't have a Homey yet, but i had the same problem to get the sensor working in domoticz.
    I fixed it by changing the "Report Type to Send" value first to 0. When this value is accepted, change it back to 16.

• aloftaloft Member
    edited March 2016
    @Alle  thanks for your input, unfortunately, it didn't work for me, maybe for @mruiter

It seems setting the 121 parameters isn't accepted or sent.

@Taco ;
    do you have updated information on the logs that I sent? 

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    did not have much time to piel, but did not work for my either.
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Taco ;
    any update on this front? Last status I know that it seems that some parameters are not saved, sent or processed. I think (but not validated it yet to be certain) that I also see this behaviour with other Z-wave devices I have. 

I tried the device again with 0.8.24 , but no dice; still the same behaviour;  changing the 121 parameter doesn't make a difference, so I assume the device is still sending the non-binary frame format.
  • Got it working with my Homey!
    Please try this setting at home(y): ;-)

The trick is the 121,1,256. It look likes 256 is the default, but it itn't. So you have to set it! I finally removed the 1 and 3 index (because It's already the default) and added the battery check:
    101,1,1;121,1,256
    Done. 
  • @Taco and @mruiter and @aloft can you check if this fixes the problem?
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Taco and @mruiter and @aloft can you check if this fixes the problem?
    I need to do some more testing, due to the instability of Z-wave in 0.8.29 it is difficult to test, but first results seem to indicate that 121,1,256 is indeed the trick to get the device working! Thanks!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016

Tried it with two sensors on both Homeys . Still have a Alarm all the time. These settings don't seem to work for me.
    I have 101,1,1;121,1,256

Maybee one of your previous codes configed something that also should be done , but 101,1,1;121,1,256 doesn't seem to be it as the only thing to do.

Or it could be of the instabillity of Z-Wave , It looks like it;s crashing / hanging all the time. Only zwaves i connected to one of the homes is the Aeontec motion sensor and the door sensor.

Time to put the peddle to the metal and do some serious rework / building on the z-wave platform.

• @mruiter : Can you remove the sensor from homey. Then reset the sensor (push the button for 20 seconds) and than add it again and only set the 121,1,256 setting. (just to make sure everything is working, restart Homey) IMPORTANT: If you add the sensor, the light will stay on for 60 seconds. Don't change Z-wave wakeup or Polling interval. Then after some time, the sensor should work. just click on the device to see the latest status. Some other tip, there should be no old unknow z-wave device in your Homey settings --> z-wave settings --> Failed pull down menu. If you remove something, always restart Homey to make sure everything works again and check if the unknown device is still away after the restart. If you have another z-wave device, check if it's working, so you know the z-wave network is working.
  • click on the device --> The GUI --> Tab Devices
  • aloftaloft Member
    I have successfully added a second sensor (straight out of the box), with the following parameters: 

101,1,1;121,1,256;1,1,0

It will immediately register open/close via the 'generic alarm'. 

You need to pair it close to Homey at first, otherwise it won't be seen as a sensor, but as a 'generic on/off' device. That is probably due to Z-wave routing over a different 230V powered Z-wave device.
  • 101,1,1: low battery voltage check function 0/1 disable/enable default 0
    121,1,256: Command to Associated Nodes 16/256/272 Binary/Basic/Both default 256
    1,1,0: sensor binary report for magnet switch 0->open=00;close=ff/1->open=ff;close=00 default 0

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/833

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1184/embedconfigs

Breaking those parameters down makes me wonder if this is correct. both the 101 and 1 parameters are the default, so wouldn't be needed and Parameter 121 length is supposed to be 4, (it's 4 bytes, 256 is the 9th bit, bit nr8)?

The need to pair something pretty close to homey is also something I have noticed, but not really tested yet.

• aloftaloft Member

101,1,1: low battery voltage check function 0/1 disable/enable default 0
    121,1,256: Command to Associated Nodes 16/256/272 Binary/Basic/Both default 256
    1,1,0: sensor binary report for magnet switch 0->open=00;close=ff/1->open=ff;close=00 default 0

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/833

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1184/embedconfigs

Breaking those parameters down makes me wonder if this is correct. both the 101 and 1 parameters are the default, so wouldn't be needed and Parameter 121 length is supposed to be 4, (it's 4 bytes, 256 is the 9th bit, bit nr8)?

The need to pair something pretty close to homey is also something I have noticed, but not really tested yet.

101 & 1 are indeed default. Not sure if they are really needed.  The issue previously was mainly in the 121 parameter. I agree it should be  4 bytes according to the manual, but this seems to work after many attempts to get it working.  I'll do some extra checks to see what's really needed.
  • woeiwoei Member
    Would anyone be so kind to provide a step by step guide? Some basics don't seem clear to me at this point. Like are you adding it as a sensor or as a button? I am setting the parameters, but I can't seem to get it working...
  • @woei , remove it  from Homey and reset the sensor (see manual).  After that add it as a sensor. (I think the question is for the picture in de Homey GUI only). Then set 121,1,256 at parameters. I also experienced once that the sensor didn't work after adding it to Homey. If this is the case, remove the battery from the sensor and place it back. After that the sensor was working. 
  • woeiwoei Member
    Thanks Werner did all of the above. Can you tell me if the led stays red for about 10 minutes in your case as well? I add the sensor, the interview is successful, the device is added. At that point I add 121,1,256 in the parameters. At that point the LED on the sensor is still burning. Only after 10 minutes or so it turns off. However, the sensor still display the general error and moving the magnet towards or away the sensor does trip the LED to blink on the sensor, but I can't see any difference on Homey.
  • @taco as of .32 these door sensors dont even get recognised . I start add zwave device. homey tels me to put the device in learning and then for a minute nothing happens. error no device found.

Did a complete reset zwave to default. did restart homey and zwave chip . put the sensors to default. tried a new out of the box sensor... nothing anymore.

fibaro smoke sensor does not work either anymore . Gets added but none of the sensors give any data or triggers no alarm. 

the aeotech smart switch however gets tru the interview now and gets added with no error but switching does nothing. no power usage and it looks like homey sees it as a dimmer because we get a dimmer slider also from 0 to 100 procent. verified also by other users
  • woei said:
    Thanks Werner did all of the above. Can you tell me if the led stays red for about 10 minutes in your case as well? I add the sensor, the interview is successful, the device is added. At that point I add 121,1,256 in the parameters. At that point the LED on the sensor is still burning. Only after 10 minutes or so it turns off. However, the sensor still display the general error and moving the magnet towards or away the sensor does trip the LED to blink on the sensor, but I can't see any difference on Homey.
    Did you already succeeded in getting the device working? Maybe you have to push the button on sensor again to let him get the new settings. And yes if you wait the led stays on a long time. (10 minutes)
  • woeiwoei Member
    woei said:
    Did you already succeeded in getting the device working? Maybe you have to push the button on sensor again to let him get the new settings. And yes if you wait the led stays on a long time. (10 minutes)
    Not yet unfortunately. Without decent debug tools it is such a trial and error/hit and mis(all the time) operation that after 300 attempts or so I put the stuff to the side for now. I really hope @Taco can build some nice logging/tooling around z-wave to see what is going on. Currently I feel like a blind man trying to figure out wether a lamp is on by staring at it...
  • aloftaloft Member
    I've removed one sensor, and re-added it under 0.8.32 ; it seems to work correctly, when adding the parameters 101,1,1;121,1,256;1,1,0  . It was added 'securely' I have an extra icon, which I don't have with a previous door sensor I added earlier.

Triggering switches the 'generic alarm', not the 'contact alarm'. But that is fine by me.
  • aloftaloft Member
    Is this the recessed door sensor? Because I have id 0x59 instead of 0x70 as product ID. 

• @aloft ;
    I'm sorry. It's for the Door/Window Sensor 6. I will delete my information in this post. 

• WitwickyWitwicky Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi,

I've intsalled the sensor with th following settings, the generic alarm stays on, and there's no contact alarm.
    ALso no logging for this sensor available at this moment.

I also would like to know which card to select in creating a flow for the door, the flow seems to work as I added a push notification which works. But there's no information send from de sensor to Homey. Any help?

• No one? :neutral: 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    This sensor simply does not work yet with home. Look on github youll see the ticket is still open. Guess it will be open for some time to come because Athom is doing a complete rewrite of zwave.

So thats why no one is posting the solution
  • aloftaloft Member
    I have two working.  Or better put: had;  I did a complete wipe of my Homey recently, so I need to re-add them. But given all the comments in this post, it seems inconsistent across users.
  • Thanks for the replies!
  • Hi,
    have a Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Gen5, Homey FW 1.5.6-rc.7, Aeotec app 1.6.0

The sensor is included and visible in Homey, settings can be changed and stored, and looking at the log, status is transmitted and received by Homey, but nothing happens.

Neither is status updated when looking at the device, nor can flows be triggered by "contact alarm" on/off.

Made a GitHub issue on it, but perhaps somebody know a workaround?

Regards,

Chr.