This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Programming the Homey flows instead of drag/drop flows

In the Homey kickstarter campaign, the flow editor was a added target to be able to increase the 'ease-of-use' of if-then-else constructions.

For now, it seems the only way to build if-then-else constructions. For some purposes and end-users, this might be too constrained.

will there be a way to program with the Homey?  E.g. I'd like to set the brightness of an Hue lamp based on the Luminance value sent by a Z-wave sensor. Building this in a flow might require several flows.

Or is the only way to get this done, building my own app and figuring out how to interact with the other apps?

TL;DR  will the Homey include programming (like the Fibaro LUA language), or only via graphical flow editing?

Comments

• I believe the developer docs says homey (for now) won't run native (js) code. 

Maybe somebody can make a app that makes running code possible? 
  • you can program the homey with apps if you want more possibilities as a flow.  you cant access homey settings for now, the flows can, they can set the brightness of the ring or the volume of the voice, an app can''t acces this yet, i cant get pesrmissons to manager:settings with an app.
This discussion has been closed.