This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Unable to add Fibaro Double Relay switch (FGS-222) Homey 0.8.20

I installed a Fibaro Double Relay switch ( only one switch connected on switch 1 ) , but Homey (0.8.20 , standing 3 feet away ) doesn't recognize it. After a time-out it shows 'no node'. 

I tried inclusion by the manual switch and also with the B-button on the relay switch itself.   The lamp connected is toggling fine (manually and it toggles with the B-button inside ) . 

Is it supported? And if so, what can I do to troubleshoot. I've restarted  Homey, restarted the Z-wave chip, but no dice.

Comments

• I added it without any problems yesterday. 
    Did you have it connected to another controller before? 
  • Fire69 said:
    I added it without any problems yesterday. 
    Did you have it connected to another controller before? 
    Nope, it is a fresh one out of the box. I don't have another controller to test it with, just the Homey. But I am pretty certain all cables are correctly attached (no fumes or fires, and the light connected to Q1 is working fine when switching manually or using the B-button)
  • If you go to Settings - Z-wave and do 'remove node', than press the button 3x, does it get detected to remove it? (doesn't matter you haven't added it yet, it should just reset the module) 
  • Fire69 said:
    If you go to Settings - Z-wave and do 'remove node', than press the button 3x, does it get detected to remove it? (doesn't matter you haven't added it yet, it should just reset the module) 
    Nope. I tried it two ways: when the power is on, then 3 times ( off,on,off ) and when the power is off ( then on,off,on). In rapid succession. Same speed I use with the motion sensor, where pairing (and force wake-up) works without any issue.
  • The speed matters. Everybody always says to push as fast as possible, but for my roller shutter module I have to push it a little slower. Maybe try various speeds. :smile: 
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited February 2016
    I tried removing the device again; it rendered my  Homey unresponsive for a while, then got a pop-up "True". After that, Z-Wave didn't respond anymore for any devices.

Rebooted Homey, tried re-adding the FGS-222 relay switch and this time, and it found it! 

thanks @Fire69 for the tip, although it didn't work the first time. 

• @aloft Homey isn't alone in this one! A lot off z-wave controllers have troubles with it. It sounds odd, but just hold on to it and try a few times. Been there also with a S2 usb stick. Some devices work immediately others had to try a few times in a row.
  • I also have a FGS-222 but I don't get it to work either also I don't know what device to select because they are all called the same.

I am now rebooting Homey try to see if that helps.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, no it's my time to have issues adding my FGS-222's.

After I full z-wave reset, I have re-added all my devices and even one FGS-222 successfully. Unfortunately, two of them fail to include. Tried to remove the node from z-wave, node is not seen.  I even removed from from the wall socket and simple connected it with L and N. Tried to reset it (remove from power, connect power, press the B button for 3 seconds, de-power and power again).

Any idea's ?

Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.7
    Fibaro v1.5.17
  • JPeJPe Member
    Fire69 said:
    If you go to Settings - Z-wave and do 'remove node', than press the button 3x, does it get detected to remove it? (doesn't matter you haven't added it yet, it should just reset the module) 
    @Eternity   did you try this?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    @JPe
    Yes, tried that. Doesn't work for me :-)

But, what is even strager. The one FGS-222 that I did manage to include behaves strange.
    I did not remove it from the wall, but was able to delete it from Homey and re-include it. So, the wires have not been messed with!

It works, but with S2 I can switch the (hardwired) light  On and Off, but the S1 doesn't switch the other light Off?!?
     If I switch it with the wall switch, nothing happens. And if I use the web interface, it doesn't switch off either...

I am stuck with  a light that won't switch off.

I restarted the Fibaro App. That didn't solve this.

Could someone please that this is the FGS-222:

• Hi, I rebound on this thread, as i just got a Fibaro FGS-222 and tried setting it up on Homey. I installed it not for a switch but only with the universal remote for bubendorff roller shutter. I'll try as soon as i can to add the universal remote to my shutters and then i'll tell you if it works or if i need some help setting up the Fibaro in Homey (and i may ^^)