This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Apps for Aeon Multisensor 6 and for Fakro window opener?

Anyone got plans to build apps for the Aeon Multisensor 6 and/or Fakro Window opener (zws 230 or zws 12, documentation: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/181) ?

Both are z-wave devices, by the way. 

Comments

• Do you need an app?
    Have you tried adding them?
  • Haven't got my Homey yet... :( but I doubt if they will work ootb. Anyone? 
  • They might.  Normally, if the right classes are supported, it should be OK.
    You'll have to wait until you have your Homey and check...
    Unless somebody else can test for you of course :)
  • I hope these Aeon Labs 6 in 1 sensors will be supported ootb... I am planning to buy 3 of them :smile: 
  • If someone has this device, please let me know. Im in the process choosing between the fibaro and the aeon...
  • I'm doubting which one to buy next also.
    The Aeon Labs has more sensors and is waterproof, but is obviously more expensive.
    If you don't need all the features, I guess the Fibaro is OK.  Plus it's very small compared to the Aeon Labs :)
  • @Uranday ;I have currently got 1 Fibaro motion sensor in use with Domoticz and it works great as well... The reason I am planning on Aeon Labs 6 in 1 is the option to easily connect it to USB power so I don't need batteries.... :smile:  But the Fibaro sensor works good as well :+1: 
  • I've had the Fibaros for 4 months now, battery is still reported at 100% (we'll have to wait and see if that's correct)
    So if I have to change the battery once a year maybe, that's not a problem for me.
  • DD Member
    Fire69 said:
    The Aeon Labs has more sensors and is waterproof, but is obviously more expensive.
    Is it waterproof? I can't find the IP-rating which usually means it's not.. I'd like to know if it's safe to use in our bathroom, where it can get really, really humid when taking a hot shower (no ventilation).
  • JonJon Member
    edited February 2016
    @Fire69 I have the Aeon one and must say it's really really small and personally I think it's got a much better (more unobtrusive) look than fibaro's sensor. Just FYI... 

Edit: both are very small: http://blog.domadoo.fr/2015/06/03/aeon-labs-multisensor-6-smart-switch-6-lampoule-led-approche/. Must say still prefer Aeon's look. 
  • MultiSensor 6 is not working. The only values i get is battery, temp , luminance and generic alarm. The generic alarm never seems to get tringerd by motion . 
  • Not moisture level, @mruiter
  • Jon said:
    Not moisture level, @mruiter
    Sorry, wrong tagging. @mruiter i meant.
  • D said:
    Fire69 said:
    Is it waterproof? I can't find the IP-rating which usually means it's not.. I'd like to know if it's safe to use in our bathroom, where it can get really, really humid when taking a hot shower (no ventilation).
    From their site :
    Outdoor sensor.
    Use outdoor intelligence. IP20 rated, you can use MultiSensor 6 outdoors by disabling its motion sensor and usings its 5 other sensors.
  • DD Member
    Fire69 said:
    D said:
    Fire69 said:
    From their site :
    Outdoor sensor.
    Use outdoor intelligence. IP20 rated, you can use MultiSensor 6 outdoors by disabling its motion sensor and usings its 5 other sensors.
    Thanks. So I should look for another sensor for the bathroom, rated at least IP21. Too bad.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    You're right, I shouldn't have said waterproof.  The sensor is weatherproof.
    I guess if you can use it outside, it will also survive your bathroom.  Unless you plan to install it in your bath tub :wink: 
  • PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited February 2016
    I haven't tried the 6 gen sensor from Aeotec yet... however I do hope it is *much* better than the previous generation, which was... frankly? crap.
  • Philips (once a big example for most of us) has a nice example of IP-ratings in bathrooms here...
    So minimum 21 indeed...
  • Anyone got some feedback for me on battery life of those gen 6 Aeon's? The website claims up to 2 years. I'm fine with even changing them twice a year, but I am really sceptical about their real world performance.
  • for now battery stays at 100% but hey, they are not supported yet by homey
This discussion has been closed.