This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Comments

• Great work Crunch. Is looking into two step authentication for Gmail also still on the to do list?
  • Good point, I did look into it. But I have not decided on how to exactly implement it.

Updated todo list ^^ 
    - Redesign of settings page;
    - Sending email;
    - Introduce summary message, so only a short text will be spoken by homey.
    - Support G-Mail 2 step;
  • Thankyou :)
  • Crunch said:
    Good point, I did look into it. But I have not decided on how to exactly implement it.

Updated todo list ^^ 
    - Sending email;
    - Support G-Mail 2 step;
    You can remove support for Gmail 2 step authentication of the to do list. :smile: 

If you generate an app specific password in your Google account and use that in the email settings it works perfect ... :+1: 
  • Phuturist said:
    Crunch said:
    Good point, I did look into it. But I have not decided on how to exactly implement it.

Updated todo list ^^ 
    - Sending email;
    - Support G-Mail 2 step;
    You can remove support for Gmail 2 step authentication of the to do list. :smile: 

If you generate an app specific password in your Google account and use that in the email settings it works perfect ... :+1: 
    Nice! I am updating the readme!
  • I must be doing something wrong but what? imap.gmail.com - port 993 - username with or without the gmail-part - app-specific password. My flow isn't working and the log doesn't show any incoming mail. Both fields for username and password are yellow?
  • I had the same issue, and the link on the read me on how to do 2 step verification is not working.   

Basically you need to go into your google account and allow 2 step verification,  in that way you can create app specific security settings in google with a specific app for homey.  Once you have setup 2 step verification  every time you register and app you have to enter your password and google will send you a sms with a second verification code.   
  • Just installed and configured the app, with 2 step enabled.

You need to go to https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords and generate a new password (for a custom app, you can name it Homey).
    Once you created that password you can configure the email app:
    imap.gmail.com
    <mail-address>
    <generated password>
    tls: true

Save it and create a flow.

Works perfectly here :)
  • Did that of course (and imap is enabled ;) )...  but no email coming in. Also, sometimes the app crashes so I have to disable and re-enable. Gonna try to find out what's causing this...
  • This weekend I will give the app some love. Was kinda busy lately. My email box is getting overflowed with uncaught errors :D

I will try to locate the errors, thanks Fire69 for your explanation. Will rewrite the readme and add that.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    It happened to me twice now that my email account settings where lost. Any idea what might be causing this?
  • Same issue, email settings lost - have to remove app and install again.
  • I reboooted Homey, didn't see my account-settings but after triggering reading my appointments anyhow the account-settings appeared...
  • Would it be possible to get the senders name, rather than (or in addition to) the email address? This would be great for speech - Homey saying the senders name\company name instead of the email address.
  • mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited April 2016
    @Crunch , thanks for this nice app and keep up the good work :smile: 
    Can you add the functionality that Homey will say how many new email messages are in the mailbox, please? (.. including saying there's none, in case there is no new message?)

• I would like to use this app to send mail.
    Could that be possible, sometime in the future?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    mmhhh i dont need to autheticate with my SMTP Server .
    It looks like the app wants to. I have not filled anything in the username password boxes

Error: Invalid Login: 503 Auth command used when not advertised

Is there a way to turn off Auth
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    @mruiter That's a different app, perhaps keep imap and smtp seperate? @RobinVanKekem There's a smtp-app in the app-store now...
    smtp: https://apps.athom.com/app/email.sender
    imap: https://apps.athom.com/app/homey.email

• mruitermruiter Member
    Haha, i'm on the road and was parked at BP and tested it on my ipad and did the forum on phone. did not look good enough . thanks for the heads up @BasVanDenBosch ;
  • only works with we when subject is filled
  • Maybe something to add to the readme:

If you use Gmail, without 2-factor authentication, you have to allow less secure apps to access your account: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

• JorisJoris Member
    edited May 2016
    Setting this up on hotmail:  

Eenter the Windows Live / Hotmail SMTP details:
    Hotmail SMTP server name: smtp.live.com
    Hotmail SMTP user name: your Hotmail account
    Hotmail SMTP password: your Hotmail password
    Hotmail SMTP port: 25 or 465
  • @Crunch do you have any idea why my email account settings are lost after some time of use?
  • ZiglarZiglar Member
    Awsome!! 

is it possible that the mailclient checks if the recieved mail contains a attachment ??

i have a mailbox where .pdf files are mailed to,
    i made a macro that saves all attachments to a folder and triggers a ps1
    in the ps1 it prints the pdf to the default printer.

since i do not have very much of these mails. i would like to boot it from homey when the mailapp sees a mail with attachment coming in.

So basicly:
    IF mail contains attachment, then boot mac address x.
  • Phuturist said:
    @Crunch do you have any idea why my email account settings are lost after some time of use?
    Am I the only one that has this issue? My email settings just keep getting lost, it seems @Crunch  has abandoned this project. Perhaps another dev could pick this up. I'm willing to donate some money as a token of my appreciation for it!
  • Hi there, newbie here @homey and flows. just got my homey and eager to try. But i dont understand the flow yust yet. Maybe someon can help me. flows for lights screens and thermosmart are working :-) mail would be great to show off :-) thx in advance
  • @Crunch ,

The email app worked great for email notification of triggers etc. In the app settings I have it email to a gmail account (using smtp,  as indicated in the app store (allowing less secure apps, etc)).
    That all worked great, until July 30th. Is has stopped working since i moved to 0.9.1)
    Pressing the test button in the app settings now generated an error:

"Error: Mail command failed: 530-5.5.1. Authentication Required. Learn more at\n530 5.5.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 ka6sm29383763wjb.38 - gsmtp"

I tried rebooting, reinstalling the email app, without success.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

• mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi all,

On my end I also notice that when I create flows and try to use the "and" conditions (example: when using the tags From / Subject contains "xyz") then it doesn't work anymore. If I remove these conditions then it's working fine, so my login credentials and server settings are okay and working.

I tried different things, but it keeps failing whenever I use the "and" conditions.

Anyone experience the same, or?

Thanks,
    Mark

• fiekfiek Member
    KeepT said:
    @Crunch ,

The email app worked great for email notification of triggers etc. In the app settings I have it email to a gmail account (using smtp,  as indicated in the app store (allowing less secure apps, etc)).
    That all worked great, until July 30th. Is has stopped working since i moved to 0.9.1)
    Pressing the test button in the app settings now generated an error:

"Error: Mail command failed: 530-5.5.1. Authentication Required. Learn more at\n530 5.5.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 ka6sm29383763wjb.38 - gsmtp"

I tried rebooting, reinstalling the email app, without success.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

I have the same.. see this topic https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1781/e-mail-sender#latest

• Ok I found out that even though Homey says that there's an error in the flow, it works!
    It's a bit of confusing because the red-cross icon makes you believe there's an error though...