This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Time for a Retrospective?

that is the time during software development when the team looks back and discusses what went well and what did not. Lessons can be learned here and actions defined to improve the process. 

I hope team Athom have retrospectives. If not, try it. 

Comments

• If they invite stakeholders, I'm in! ;-)

I don't really think we should be telling Athom how to run their company. Telling them about our (the customer's) expectations is good, but let them chose their own preferred method of getting things done.

I do enjoy reading about how people are using Agile Scrum, what development tools and techniques they are using, etc. so maybe we could discuss things like retrospectives here, but for all of us to learn from it, not directed at Athom specifically :) 
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited February 2016
    I for one, do think it's time for a retrospective. Mainly the question if it was wise to deploy so many Homey's at this point.

A lot of wining is flooding the forum. People posting the same issues in different discusions. At first people bravely posted (primararly trying to remind us First Batch backers) that Homey was a beta, and they could get the Homey  project a float. Now, a week or so later, they post the same problems we already found and also expecting Athom to fix it in one single update (read: 0.8.18).

Don't get me wrong, i think Geek Backers can help the project forward, but not in the manor it's going now. I support and believe in @Athom, SO please give them a break. Everybody wanted his or her Homey ASAP. Now they have it,  all people do is complain, although if they read the forums these issues were almost all known...

just my 2cts. neutral 
  • I'm sure Athom van manage these kind of things on their own. Of they do look back, I hope they do so with pride of what they have achieved. Few people get to start a company and realize their dream.
  • they way information is gathered could also be a learning point, a geek backer will provide information in another way then a 'normal' user. 

for me i am following the forums at a certain level, read the topics i think are interesting, but i dont read everything.
    when i get my Homey i will try some things, try to look at the forum for information and then will post my questions/ possible bugs.

no doubt there will be double posts when they ship the next bulk of Homeys.

i believe this could also a learning point for Athom,  that not all the backers will react in the same way, and provide the information in different ways.  so it is for Athom how to handle and streamline this.

for now i think they are doing a really nice job.
This discussion has been closed.