This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Closing unsolved issues

Hey guys,

There are significant number of closed but unsolved issues on git. It is normal to close duplicates or no issue items but item with "Working on it", "removed from appstore", "will be updated soon", etc remarks should not be closed until the fix is pushed out in an update.
I know it is a really stressful time to kill a swarm of bugs and it feels better if there are lower number of open issues.
If you close issues before the fix is pushed out than users will create a duplicate and/or some folks might also see it as dishonest behaviour to decrease the number of issues. Please don`t do it.

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    In Dutch the say:
    Trekken aan een dood paard 

But for trying +1 from me :heart:  
  • Or if bug is fixed, add a milestone/label which release fixes it. So others knows when to expect a fix. as a bonus we get a list of fixed issues.
  • I'm sure they have their reasons. I work in a similar area and whatever we do, someone is not happy. Be aware that it is a balance between time and money. 

I have the impression Athom is currently working very hard on stability and extrending basic functionality such ZigBee. Let's give them some room.

We can help by discussing bugs in the forum to see if others have the same problem and by providing detailed bug reports with steps on how to reproduce the bug.
  • Inexperience could be one reason. We are only trying to help here, not to make things more complicated.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    The are using a internal issue tracker. So git is only used for collecting issues... 

@JaapPelt ;
    Where did you read the are working on Zigbee? 

• MatjaLipu said:
    Or if bug is fixed, add a milestone/label which release fixes it. So others knows when to expect a fix. as a bonus we get a list of fixed issues.
    +10
This discussion has been closed.