This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Athom doesn't talk to me.

Are they listening?

Comments

• Something wrong with their speech-input and speech-output? Perhaps they need a rewrite?  :#
  • Yeah they are listening, I am sure of that, but their reply script needs to be rewritten.
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited February 2016
    Read it very carefully.
    We'll fix it and ship it somewhat later. Sorry!

What's that all about? As I read it, they still deliver 0.18 and the fix will come later. We did not recieve 0.18 so I was wrong. He should have created  a separate topic and use this to communicate to us. You call this 1 liner  communication? 

In the morning he announced that he will ship de 0.18 the same day and then all of a sudden they found a bug. Besides the fact that I have a hard time believing that this is the real problem here, I do not understand why they don't release it to the beta channel. So what if there is still a bug in the software? I am a developer myself and our software is more than 10 years old and we still have a few 100 items on the backlog. It will never be without bugs! 

We would like to help Athom and test the new software. They should be glad that we do this for them and are willing to spent time making the software better. We accept bugs because we are the geeks but we don' t like promisses that are being broken all the time. Let's be real all surprises up untill now are negative ones. 

I would like to build some app's for homey but I think I will postpone that for a while and I would not be surprised that it will never come to that. 

• Read it very carefully.
    We'll fix it and ship it somewhat later. Sorry!

What's that all about? As I read it, they still deliver 0.18 and the fix will come later. We did not recieve 0.18 so I was wrong. He should have created  a separate topic and use this to communicate to us. You call this 1 liner  communication? 

In the morning he announced that he will ship de 0.18 the same day and then all of a sudden they found a bug. Besides the fact that I have a hard time believing that this is the real problem here, I do not understand why they don't release it to the beta channel. So what if there is still a bug in the software? I am a developer myself and our software is more than 10 years old and we still have a few 100 items on the backlog. It will never be without bugs! 

We would like to help Athom and test the new software. They should be glad that we do this for them and are willing to spent time making the software better. We accept bugs because we are the geeks but we don' t like promisses that are being broken all the time. Let's be real all surprises up untill now are negative ones. 

I would like to build some app's for homey but I think I will postpone that for a while and I would not be surprised that it will never come to that. 

hear hear,
    but dont expect a response :wink: 

• TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited February 2016
    @JohanKuster
    You set: "As I read it, they still deliver 0.18 and the fix will come later."

Emile set: "Ah crap, we've found a bug that broke the speech output in some cases. We'll fix it and ship it somewhat later. Sorry!

First the fix and then shipping out is what I reed.
  • So the question is what does 'it' mean?  But I think 'it' is not the issue anymore. Perhaps 'it' is already too late?
  • och,  wait a couple of days, lets see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.