This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Suggestions for User Interface

Is see some future/current issues with that way the nodes in the flow are displayed and specific the room that is available for data entry. I am prettry sure that some geeks will create apps that will require several parameters to be specified and probably now and then a piece of JavaScript code. I can imagine that you don't want to confront non geeks with too many parameters, as few as possible. I can also imagine that you would like to have some help/hints while entering values for the parameters. Of course there are others who already build such an interface e.g. Node-Red.

Node-Red ( I mentioned it before) is built on Node-Js like Homey. It also has a flow editor. You drag and drop the node from the left to the editor, link them together and specify parameters when needed. While selecting a node, help text appears on the right. Double click on a node will open a window where you can enter parameters and define the name of the node. 

Oh and by the way, there are currently about 400 nodes (identical to Homey apps) defined, all built using JavaScript and available in Github to be reused as an app in Homey (hint hint).

This is what the UI looks like:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.