This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

How to connect and Let homey learn ir devices

Hallo,
Where can i find the setting, or what is the procedure to connect ir devices to homey.
I can't find it
Thx in advance

Comments

• You can add an IR device in the 'devices' section, reachable from my.athom.com.

After you've succesfully added the IR device (might not work on all brands yet) you can use the device in a flow.

In my experience, I've been able to pair my TV remote and Homey can capture IR signals but if I let homey press a button as a result of a flow my TV doesn't seem to register any buttons pressed.

What works:

When:

button 0 on remote is pressed

Then:

Say: "Button 0 pressed!"

What doesn't work (yet ;-) ):

When:

Microphone: "Turn on TV"

Then:

IR device: press Power_btn

• @matthijs here the same now.
    Homey recognise tv remote (Samsung smart tv) Just after only pushing the power button.
    It dousn't respond in a flow.
    Perhaps later it is gonna be fixed.
    Thx for the respons :~)
  • You could try:
    When:
    Microphone: "Said anything"
    And: 
    Logic:"[Text from Mic]Contains "TV" 
    Logic:"[Text from Mic]Contains "on"
    Then:
    IR device: press Power_btn

Maybe this works. Can't test it, but this way its easier to use voice commands for me. You can also speak more flexible like: my dear, could you please switch on the tv. :wink: 
  • Where is the IR transceiver? In other words: to what part of Homey do I point my remote? I tried it with 2 remotes (my Denon amp and my Franke hood) but both weren't recognized. I get the feeling my Homey is set backwards or something.
  • It's on multiple places in the LED ring, if I remember correctly. If you look closely, you can see them between/below the color-leds.
This discussion has been closed.