This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Power consumption as flow trigger

Hi, it would be cool if I could use the power consumption messured by a fibaro wall plug as trigger.
E.g.: Plug messures that the Playstation is switched on -> Homey Flow: TV on, Switch Input.

Comments

• Must have feature. 
  • It has my vote for sure. I wish there was a way to properly register these good suggestions somewhere. There is a big risk they are overseen due to bug fixing priorities (which is of course understandable).
  • Definately must have a lot of my scenes (flows) with the fibaro are using this as a trigger. 
  • Phuturist said:
    It has my vote for sure. I wish there was a way to properly register these good suggestions somewhere. There is a big risk they are overseen due to bug fixing priorities (which is of course understandable).
    It's published in Ideas & suggetions, seems right to me. If everbody uses the +1 buttons wisely (on the topic title) Athom can easily see what we'd like homey to do next.
  • Great suggestion!

What is the Fibaro Powerplug support like right now? Is it possible to poll the Powerplug and get the current power consumption level as an integer value (or any other value, for that matter)?
  • Here is a quick demonstatrion of a Fibaro Plug in Flow Editor and in insights.
    I dunno what I can do with the configuration parameters though.

https://youtu.be/OKe8NJLMBfU
  • PetePete Member
    edited February 2016
    Peao said:
    Here is a quick demonstatrion of a Fibaro Plug in Flow Editor and in insights.
    Neat! Thanks for taking the time to show everyone what the Fibaro Plug looks like in the Homey GUI. A short follow-up question, if you don't mind - I don't see any units in that chart (screendump below). Am I correct assuming that the Y-axis show watts ("w")?

• Yes its Watt. Top Left shows it, bottom left shows the screen in the devices menue where you can switch it manualy on and off and see the current consumption. Right shows the settings menue of this plug.
  • PetePete Member
    edited February 2016
    Peao said:
    Yes its Watt. Top Left shows it, bottom left shows the screen in the devices menue where you can switch it manualy on and off and see the current consumption. Right shows the settings menue of this plug.
    I think it's safe to say that you seem really pleased with your setup! Again, thanks for sharing - I have every reason to believe a lot of people still waiting for their Homey-units appreciate your efforts!
  • Yes the fibaro plug working good for me so far :smile: .
    I am glad to share those experiences. One week before I was on your side with no homey, too (was preorderer, but found an geek with no time and got the homey 2nd hand :wink:  )
    I will now start a full clickthrough through all clickable options in the webUI.
  • TacoTaco Member
    edited February 2016
    Great to see it in action :)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    @Taco Can we expect the "power consumption" as flow trigger in the future and if so: when? :smile: 

• My opinion is that first this need to be "fixed":
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/529

If not then power consumption trigger is not really useful. 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Yes that is a nice addition. But for my needs it would be ok if I can trigger flow by a specific usage change. Doesn't matter what type of device it is.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    But that's the underlying problem, how would you trigger on a power usage of a Heater/Fan/kettle if homey doesn't support it? 

For now only "wallplug: none of above", "sensor" (strange choice) and "other" supports power usage. 

If a user adds a wallplug Heater then power usage is unavailable and it's impossible to trigger. 

Now 80% of the available device types don't display power usage and if I buy a device that supports metering, then homey should display it. 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Gotcha. Yep ok, didn't know that. I have only fibaro wallplugs and they are recognized and working as expected.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    I added 2 zwave modules(greenwave powernode, aeon smart plug) as light switches. Both support metering and homey doesn't show metering info. 

On pair which device type did you select for these plugs? 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    When I added them they were set as Wallplug (or Plug don't remember) as default. I didn't change anything. They also have "Socket" symbol.
  • Default Zwave device type(next,next,next) is "Wall plug: None of above" and shows a socket icon. 

We have a electric backup heater for the Bathroom and if I select Heater then the same socket isn't showing power usage. To me thats a bit strange and if I want to trigger on power usage for this device, than its not possible.
This discussion has been closed.