This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Feature request: Date/Time time range in flow

aloftaloft Member
edited February 2016 in Questions & Help
I'd like to have an extra option to have a timerange, e.g. that a flow is only progressing to then if it is between 09:00-12:00.  (or between sunset-sunrise etc ) 

Also, please use a setting to allow time in in 24h format instead of 12 AM/PM format

Comments

• Can't you simply do:  "if [time is after 9 am] AND [time is before 12 am] then ..." ?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Time ranges should work (as far as i read on the forum) or better said;
    It was requested multiple times and i think its a must have features.

So if its not there, that would be very disappointing.
  • Yesterday I tried creating a flow for turning on the light: when motion detected on weekdays between 6 and 7, turn on light
    That's pretty complicated, you need 3 cards in the When column for that.
    A time range would simplify that a lot.
  • @aloft
    You can use the 24h format now. Type it in the card direct.

@Fire69
    In the when... column you can only have one trigger card.

• @Fire69 ; how do you detect after 6 pm and before 7 pm ?  I only have 'time is' cards, not time after/before. 
  • Sorry, forgot to mention this. 
    It's strange, when you slide the time/date card in the When column you have different option than when you put it in the And column... 
    So I have:
    When:
    motion detected
    And:
    - Day Is Not Weekendday
    - Time is later than 6
    - Time is earlier than 7
    Then:
    Turn on light
  • OK, indeed, in the 'and' column you'll get more options. That works for me! Thanks for the feedback.
  • If someone plans on changing the time to 24h then I would strongly ask to keep an option, maybe in some system-wide setting to either be AM-PM or 24h, I very much prefer AM, and I'm sure all the American backers would also prefer it
  • @tommyjay
    @aloft
    You can use the 24h format now. Type it in the card direct.

As far as i understand @TheoDeKoning both AM/PM and 24h is possible. Default is AM/PM but you can type 24h notation in the time-tag field.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited February 2016
    @MarcoF ;
    That was still in version 0.8.14. For the moment I can't check it out. 
  • I'm not really sure if its just me, but it seems to me to following is not working:
    I want to do something between 7:00PM and 6:00AM.

I use the card "time is between"
    7:00PM : 6:00AM

The information tells me the following:
    When the second time is earlier then the first time it's considered the next day.

So this should work.... but it doesn't! Its 4:23am now, and the statement turns "not true".
    If I invert to "time is NOT between" the statement at 4:23am is true... why?

I think I know what is happening, but it is rather confusing:

7:00PM -> 6:00am = false @ 4:00am (this is what I want)
    11:00am -> 5:00am = false @ 4:00am
    12:00am -> 5:00am = true @ 4:00am
    1:00am -> 5:00am = true @ 4:00am

I think what is happening here... it is "considered the next day" as in, "this is FALSE because this is a time in the next day and not this day".

Shouldn't this actually work? as giving a earlier time in the second window always means you want to go over night with this statement?