This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Problem with almost every device and Flow

Today everything stop working
Almost every device is "currently unavailable" and flows are missing links.
I havent changed anything.
What i can see the Homey restart every few minutes and gets offline.
This make me a little bit angry !
Can someone at Athom help me so my house can start working again !
What i can see the Homey restart every few minutes and gets offline.

Version 1.5.11

Comments

• Looks like an app that is starting and not finishing. What is causing Homey to restart every few minutes? Is there a flow causing this? Most of the times u should be angry with urself. 
  • @roco boss;
    How to debug this?
  • Mesa not boss, just trying to help.
    check ur flows for maybe like the Candy app rebooting?  Looks like virtual devices not showing up? Disable all flows and see if it still happens?
  • pettibpettib Member
    edited August 2018
    I think there is an app that have been updated who is responsible for this problem, because I haven't changed anything for over several weeks. The problem is that i´m not sure how to find the problem. Every time I try to run a flow the Homey reboots, what I can see. 
    If I remove the power it´s working as usual for some hours, after that it´s the same problem again.
  • Ok. On the mobile app, go to devices and click a device that shows offline in above screenshot. When u click it in the mobile app u can see which app the specific device is using. Now go to the apps section and find that app. Click on it and disable that specific app. Reboot Homey and see what happens. U can also click more “offline” devices to see if they use the same app and disable that app. Just thinking along with u.

• And be aware! Do not delete the app, just disable!!
  • I can now see that it´s when it reboot the devices gets offline. The problem is that it´s rebooting every 5-10 minutes. 
  • After reboot the apps are starting up. When apps are started the devices come back. This takes a while. What happens when Homey is rebooting? Orange led spinning ?
  • ASNNetworksASNNetworks Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 2018
    I had this exact same problem two weeks ago. Didn’t change/update/install anything, it just happened out of nowhere and nothing helped. I even deactivated ALL apps and still no luck. I ALMOST restored, but I have a lot of complex Flows so I luckily didn’t.

Here’s what fixed it for me: i changed the usb charger. Yep, just that.

The original usb charger had become faulty and couldn’t power it properly I suppose. I tried to plug the usb cable in my Anker 60w powered usb port and it worked again.

I remember that you could really here a power outage kind of sound with every reboot, looked a lot more like a hardware issue than software. I pulled the plug overnight and the thing wouldn’t even boot anymore the next day. So then I tried a different usb charger (since it didn’t boot at all anymore after being plugged off for 12 hours) and it worked again.

I’d advise trying different chargers/cables, that could be your problem too!

I just created a forum account just to post this. I don’t know if it’s the same problem but I thought it’s worth the shot.
  • I had this exact same problem two weeks ago. Didn’t change/update/install anything, it just happened out of nowhere and nothing helped. I even deactivated ALL apps and still no luck. I ALMOST restored, but I have a lot of complex Flows so I luckily didn’t.

Here’s what fixed it for me: i changed the usb charger. Yep, just that.

The original usb charger had become faulty and couldn’t power it properly I suppose. I tried to plug the usb cable in my Anker 60w powered usb port and it worked again.

I remember that you could really here a power outage kind of sound with every reboot, looked a lot more like a hardware issue than software. I pulled the plug overnight and the thing wouldn’t even boot anymore the next day. So then I tried a different usb charger (since it didn’t boot at all anymore after being plugged off for 12 hours) and it worked again.

I’d advise trying different chargers/cables, that could be your problem too!

I just created a forum account just to post this. I don’t know if it’s the same problem but I thought it’s worth the shot.
    Hi. You my have right. It seems that the power supply is my problem. I changed the plug and now it seams okey. 
    It’s time to require a new usb power supply from Athom. 
    I have to test a little bit more, I hope for the best.