This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey reminding you to place the garbage outside

2»

Comments

• gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Yes i have done but didn't work

time was sett to 20:30
    day monday
    but nothing happens
  • casedacaseda Member
    AND, you need to set the variable once, to either "grijs" or "groen"
    either with a new flow, or just click variable to "equal to" check mark so it becomes a "is not equal to" and test it once, and then change it back to "equal to"
  • In Belgium we can download our calendar to an ics file (http://www.ophaalkalender.be/Calendar).
    I've imported this into a special made calendar under Gmail and with the Calendar to Voice app it is very simple to use.
    And it works :)
    I wanted to get notification and speech from Homey at 8pm:

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited May 2016
    i used better logic for exactly the same flow, mine works,

u need the app, 2 flows and set 1 variable

EDIT,

this only works if u use the same day in both flows.

u could use different days, but then u have to add disable and enable the flows so it wont tell u to put the garbage bin out 2 times in a week

• I have a problem with the flows. With the flows I made I'm aways getting the same Notification "zakken buitenzetten" . I don't really know what is wrong about my flows. Can someone look at this?

• mbalik79 said:
    I have a problem with the flows. With the flows I made I'm aways getting the same Notification "zakken buitenzetten" . I don't really know what is wrong about my flows. Can someone look at this?

I have already a "work around" that works.  I made 2 different messages to send. But I want to print the variable in the message with {{$container}}, our will this not work?
  • Well just change the message to what u want at that flow no need to use the scontainer variable
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited May 2016
    I did, but what is wrong with my {{$container}} string in the message? I saw this in the examples above here 
  • @mbalik79
    the examples of @caseda are using the original logic cards of Homey. You can use these as {{$variabelname}} .
    The Better Logic variables you use don't work as replaceable text. 
  • @GeurtDijker thanks I will try this tomorrow.  I saw the logic cards of homey self, but could not find the place where I can set them up. Better logic can be changed in "instellingen ". But where can I setup the "homey" logic ones.  (Maybe stuppid question)
  • casedacaseda Member
    you can't see them/change them outside of flow's if you want to set a variable you need to test/trigger a flow with a "set variable" in the [THEN] section.
    if a variable does not exist with that name it will be created automatically.

if you want to see the value you can let homey say the variable with {{$VARIABLENAME}} in the "Speech"
    or push it to your mobile phone with the default (or the 2 other) push notification app

because the lack of these abilities, is why the better logic app was created, but it doesn't have variabel recall like the default one has.

This will change soon though, seen a post by emile few days ago (somewhere) that the default variables app is getting an update soon.
  • @caseda . Thanks for the answer,  now I understand. These variables makes me almost go crazy ;)
  • I made this flow but i don't no why it is not working
    Who can help me with it?

• What isn't working, @Corneille ?

p.s. using the app Better Logic, gives you better controll over your varables.
  • @keverjeroen The A variable is equal to, see the red ! in the corner.
  • And are you sure the value of the variable is indeed 'Grijs' at the moment you test? I don't use the standard variable options in Homey, but I use the Better Logic app. Maybe you can try it with that app? Then you can see the value of the variable in the settings of Homey. That can help whilte trouble shooting.

• @keverjeroen I can't save this flow what is the problem now?
  • Should work. Best not test it with actual time but just with the test button. When u get a red cross, test the other flow.
    I have exactly the same flows running here.
  • On the settings page of Homey, you have to create the Better Logic Variable first:

- Go to 'instellingen' (or settings)
    - Klick on the left side on 'Better Logic'
    - At the right, type a name (Containter) and a type (string)
    - Click button 'Add variable'.

Then go back to your flow, and you can choose the variable!

When trouble shooting, it is a good idea to open a browser tab with the flow and an other browser tab with the settings page (Better Logic) open. That way you can check quickly what value the variable has and what the flow does.
  • Corneille said:

@keverjeroen I can't save this flow what is the problem now?
    String variable?
  • This is my String:

But he give a red X, whats the problem now?

• keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited November 2017
    Corneille said:
    This is my String:

But he give a red X, whats the problem now?

The string 'Container' has an empty value. So when you press the test button, Homey sees that. When the value of the string is exactly 'Groen', then you see a green check mark.

So you have to set the value manualy once, before these flows will work. You can do that by pushing the Edit button behind the variable in the settings of Better Logic.
  • Thanks everyone! It works great now!