This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor + Wall Plug for 75€

PeaoPeao Member
edited January 2016 in Questions & Help
Hey, I've got an RSS Feed alarm running on IFTTT, and it triggered now like with the Danfoss-Valves 2 Weeks ago.

It's a deal from Notebooksbilliger.de again. They're shipping to Germany, Netherland and Austria.

The weekly offer includes 1x Fibaro Motion sensor (43€) and 1x Fibaro Wall Plug (55€) for 75€ + 3 € Shipping (Germany in my case) so you can save ~20€.

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/products_id/251829?nbb=nl.20160125.ADW&wt_cc3=39&emst=3V2hW0gc8N_766027_1680208_9504

But I don't see an advantage (beside the size) of this Wall Plug over an usual cheap 433mHz Plug (~5-10€/Pcs), maybe because it can messure the actual used energy... Might it be possible to set homey flows with this? E.g: If you plug in any non z-wave/IR/433mhz compatible device (Microwave) and you turn it on, which is messured by the plug, so Homey starts your iKettle :wink: 

@Emile any ideas if Homey will support the fibaro wall plug?

Comments

• Thanks, I've been thinking about buying both these items. I heard Phillips is finally going to release their motion detector, but I still don't know when. And this looks pretty good.
  • The benefit of the Fibaro is that it has 2-way communication as with the 433MHz it is just hoping the command has received the device. 
  • sorry for the question, maybe it was asked before, but homey could work directly with fibaro device? or i need to buy a fibaro hub?
  • DD Member
    Sommo said:
    sorry for the question, maybe it was asked before, but homey could work directly with fibaro device? or i need to buy a fibaro hub?
    It works directly, it's Z-Wave.
  • Sommo said:
    sorry for the question, maybe it was asked before, but homey could work directly with fibaro device? or i need to buy a fibaro hub?
    You don't need a hub.
  • buy!buy! :D thank you for the fast reply, thank you again
  • Fibaro sensors are loaded with features and supposedly pretty good quality. Motion sensors also has temperature and lux sensor. Wall plug can measure current power use. So, instead of 2 sensors/devices, you get 5! I'm strongly considering ordering some.
  • The notebooksbilliger website says they don't deliver to 'private' customers outside Germany and Austria (companies only) :(
  • I have 3 Fibaro motion sensors. Very cool stuff, sensitive motion detection and accurate temp readings :smile: 
  • hope to find some discount online that sell also to italy
  • Have a look at amazon.de. No idea if they ship to Italy, but they do to Holland :) Have gotten some good deals there :)
  • Is that €3 shipping Germany only? I can only get €16 UPS.
  • Vincent said:
    Is that €3 shipping Germany only? I can only get €16 UPS.
    I think only shipping with Hermes has this price. I am getting higher costs with DHL / UPS, too.
  • Sommo said:
    hope to find some discount online that sell also to italy
    Two months ago I bought a few Fibaro devices from Amazon.it, with free shipping to The Netherlands I saved something like € 15 per module (smoke detectors, multisensors, relay switches).
  • The plugwise-wallplugs are much cheaper, why would one go for fibaro (except for the fact that plugwise is only supported with a hub up till now).
  • Sommo said:
    hope to find some discount online that sell also to italy
    Two months ago I bought a few Fibaro devices from Amazon.it, with free shipping to The Netherlands I saved something like € 15 per module (smoke detectors, multisensors, relay switches).
    Yep, saw this deal,too. But it was too late. It was 30€ per multisensor at amazon.it

Since then this is the best fibaro deal so far.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2016
    Lol, I bought them at 22€/piece at amazon.it  B)
    You had to be really fast though, promo was gone very quickly... I should have ordered a lot more...  :'(
  • The plugwise-wallplugs are much cheaper, why would one go for fibaro (except for the fact that plugwise is only supported with a hub up till now).
    because they extend your awesome z-wave mesh network. 
  • DD Member
    The notebooksbilliger website says they don't deliver to 'private' customers outside Germany and Austria (companies only) :(
    They ship to NL as well.
  • PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited January 2016
    The Fibaro motion sensors are awesome. Really cute little things and they work like a charm. Have two in my setup at my home and they never failed on me (2 yrs of use now). I also wrote a blogpost about them: http://brighters.nl/2014/11/15/de-fibaro-bewegingssensor/ (in Dutch)
  • To bad shipping to the Netherlands is €16,26 :neutral: 
  • DD Member
    Panda said:
    To bad shipping to the Netherlands is €16,26 :neutral: 
    True, but I think it's still cheaper than buying a Motion Sensor & Wall Plug separately in NL. It gets more interesting if you buy more though: shipping is a fixed price, as far as I can tell.
  • That's a very good deal indeed. In my webshop it would be 111,90, shipping free. I might however consider a special discount for my fellow Homey enthusiasts :). Be right back...

• Ok: all Homey users here get a 10% discount on a minimal spending of 100 EUR. Shipping is also free. Max 1 time discount per user. You have to create a user account first to be able to claim your discount. Use the code HOMEY16 when in the checkout process.
    Sending for Fibaro products is the next day if ordered before 17:00, other products may take a bit longer. Only sending to NL and BE.
    This code will be valid until the end of march this year.

http://shop.brighters.nl/
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited January 2016
    PimBliek, hope to see any other discount that includes shipping to Italy, thank you
  • Hi @Sommo! I'd love to, but unfortunately that will be difficult. I will check with my suppliers.
  • Oops, sorry guys, I made a little mistake. You'll have to apply the coupon code IN the shopping cart (http://shop.brighters.nl/checkout/cart), not on the checkout page. Will try to make this easier for you soon.
  • Now works in the checkout page as well, in the Payment step (step 5).
  • Bought it using a German address. Can't wait.... Although I won't be able to use it without my Homey. :)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited January 2016
    Mine came today. But they're useless until Homey arrives :smile: 

So I can't give you my personal opinion. But as far as i heard (here and on other websites) they've the best value.

Thanks @PimBliek for your offer! This is a more attractive offer for NL and BE customers than the german one because they seem to be a bit too complicated with their shipping to other countries :neutral: . But for a german customer this is the best deal by far. Even shipping was very quick (ordered yesterday at 5pm and got it today).