This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Really nice door sensors

Comments

• Look great but 10 year batterylife?
  • Look great but 10 year batterylife?
    Hmm, very big promise ;-)
  • Saw these a couple of weeks ago, but they say they can't guarantee the signal coverage when used with aluminum diors/windows mailed them about it). 
    I was going to order them to test, but I can only find Scandinavian sellers (it's a Swedish product I think) and none of these seem to have a good return policy in case they don't work as expected... 
  • Plus, the battery is not replaceable. When their 10 year promise is not true, you risk having to throw them away after a couple of years! 
  • + more expensive than fibaro door/window sensor
  • Fire69 said:
    Saw these a couple of weeks ago, but they say they can't guarantee the signal coverage when used with aluminum diors/windows mailed them about it). 
    I was going to order them to test, but I can only find Scandinavian sellers (it's a Swedish product I think) and none of these seem to have a good return policy in case they don't work as expected... 
    Here is a reseller in Germany but quite expensive. Not sure what the normal price is. https://control-your-home.de/strips-by-sensative

• DD Member
    That is the normal price, I'm afraid.
  • I have these 'strips' received. Will test it with homey. I want  to use this sensor on a window. For doors i'm a big fan of the Aeotec Z-wave Recessed Door Sensors. 
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    I have these 'strips' received. Will test it with homey. I want  to use this sensor on a window. For doors i'm a big fan of the Aeotec Z-wave Recessed Door Sensors. 
    Did you manage to install it? I've just ordered one for testing as well.

how do you like it?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    also wondering if strips work with homey. i now have two non working aeotec recessed door sensors . strips i can put up for the time athom needs for there rewrite if they work and move them to the windows once they got the others working.
  • Shame they are not IP67. Would love to buy them for outside but IP44 is not enough me guess.
  • Seems good enough:

4JIS 4IP-x4PlensdichtGeen schade indien besproeid (10 l/min) onder eender welke hoek

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP-code
  • Hmmmm. That sounds better then the link i found, thnx.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    I will receive it tomorrow, i will update as soon as i know more
  • p0nts said:
    I have these 'strips' received. Will test it with homey. I want  to use this sensor on a window. For doors i'm a big fan of the Aeotec Z-wave Recessed Door Sensors. 
    Did you manage to install it? I've just ordered one for testing as well.

how do you like it?
    I have not installed it yet. I postponed installing z-wave stuff till the rewrite of drivers and apps is ready. I'm a big fan of the Aeotec Recessed Door Sensors by the way (and it works ok with homey). Have them installed on almost every door. I'm planning to use the strips sensor on a 'klapraam' window.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    @ErikVanDongen jusrt a question: can i install these Aeotec Recessed Door Sensors in plastic doors becuse you have to drill? 

thx for your reply
  • JanHJanH Member
    Hey fellow Homeyans, still some worries about availability of greatlooking Sensative doorsensors? I did some shopping around (see links) but I did not decide yet about which sensor I should buy for my 5 doors and 2 vulnerable windows in my new house. It's because of some doubt about actual Z-wave situation around Homey. My Fibaro multisensor v3.2 is doing quite well, but......?
    Anyone already results or review in combination with Homey?
    https://www.robbshop.nl/strips-raam-en-deursensor?sqr=sensative&
    https://www.betaalbare-domotica.nl/sensative-raam-deur-sensor-strip.html
    http://www.domotica-shop.nl/skusene110_strips-sensative-p-16835.html
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    just tried to connect it to Homey, no luck ...
  • mruitermruiter Member
     :'( but was to expect. lets hope the rewrite is a difference from dark to light 
  • phil_s said:
    @ErikVanDongen jusrt a question: can i install these Aeotec Recessed Door Sensors in plastic doors becuse you have to drill? 

thx for your reply
    Just some pics of installed aeotec sensors. I drilled 19mm holes in wooden and metal frames without issues. I prefer to put the magnet in the frame, because that's the only visible thing. The sensor itself just 'hangs in there'. Drilling a 8 cm deep hole in a massive wooden door requires some precision off course. 
    Placing them on outside doors requires some consideration, because those holes are not weather resistant. 

• @phil_s ;
    I would take that awnser as a no.
    Drilling a 8 cm deep hole in ( kunststof kozijnen) is not goin to work.
  • Why not, are they solid?
  • No they are not, think that's the problem.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    Thank you all! Yeah i was also thinking that it is nötig a good ideal to drill holes in a plastic (Kunststoff) door because it is not solid like a wooden door.

but today there are more plastic doors than wood doors. Aeotec writes in no sentence of this ...
  • Your main problem is not solid vs non-solid, but the structure of a plastic frame. You need a place to put the sensor in line with the magnet. 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    ok, understand
  • I've installed a Strips yesterday (product in the original post).

To my pleasant surprise, adding the device to Homey worked perfectly the first time (version 0.8.35). It wasn't added in secure mode, but I'm not sure if that's even supported by Strips. In any case, it seems stable so far, sensor is still responding as expected.

It shows up as 3 alarms: contact alarm, tamper alarm and generic alarm. I'm not sure what the generic alarm is yet, but for me it seems to be always on.

Regarding the functioning of the door sensor itself: the magnet supposedly needs to be within 10mm of the flat end of the sensor. It seems to be it's a little bit less than than, so do test the setup properly before deciding on the final positions.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    Thorarin said:
    I've installed a Strips yesterday (product in the original post).

To my pleasant surprise, adding the device to Homey worked perfectly the first time (version 0.8.35). It wasn't added in secure mode, but I'm not sure if that's even supported by Strips. In any case, it seems stable so far, sensor is still responding as expected.

It shows up as 3 alarms: contact alarm, tamper alarm and generic alarm. I'm not sure what the generic alarm is yet, but for me it seems to be always on.

Regarding the functioning of the door sensor itself: the magnet supposedly needs to be within 10mm of the flat end of the sensor. It seems to be it's a little bit less than than, so do test the setup properly before deciding on the final positions.
    Huh how? It does not work for me...
This discussion has been closed.