The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.
This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Homey and Spotify (workarround?)
As many of you know homey is rather limited to control spotify. However, I do find many occasions that I would like to automate my music settings -> think of playing certain playlists/songs, setting the volume, selecting a device (with spotify connect) etc.
I know that in March there was a blog about this (see here), but I also noticed last year(s) that updates are taking forever and are rather uncertain (not complaining, just an observation, which implies I do not want to wait for years for this functionality). So I would like to create my own solution and know if someone has made any progress here?
What I found out myself is that with Tasker (see here) on a android device you can automate (part of) spotify, connecting it to homey, so it can react in flows or when certain conditions are met (E.g. arriving home, going to sleep etc), see here for an awesome tuturial made by Phuturist for connecting tasker to homey:
What is working stable:
1) Play/pause spotify (also with spotify connect, e.g. Amazon alexa starts playing music)
2) Setting volume of a local spotify device (if tasker is on the same device as spotify, thus both tasker and spotify my phone)
What is working, but a little unstable:
1) Switch devices in spotify connect
2) Play a certain playlist/song (also with spotify connect)
What is not working
1) Setting or adjust volume of spotify connect devices (thus tasker is installed on my phone, but the Amazon alexa is playing music with spotify connect)
Did someone manage to achieve more, a stable(r) solution or to solve this completely? I am very interested to hear your thoughts!
Would love that!