This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
presence

Presence API, how to get presence for user?

I tried the Presence API (getPresence()), and the return value was only "{ present: false, asleep: null }". I was expecting a map of presence to specific users. How can I get the presence for each user using the Presence API?
Tagged:

Comments

• Kyrcio said:
    I tried the Presence API (getPresence()), and the return value was only "{ present: false, asleep: null }". I was expecting a map of presence to specific users. How can I get the presence for each user using the Presence API?
    as far as  i know that only will tell you home or away, just like sleep or awake status
  • KyrcioKyrcio Member
    So there is no API to find out if user X is home or away?
  • Kyrcio said:
    So there is no API to find out if user X is home or away?
    You already quoted that in your first post, present is false / true as i see it so you can know when you are home or away :) 
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited July 2018
    Kyrcio said:
    I believe you are getting the result of the CloudID you used

Each user has a unique CloudID..So then you will know which one you are requesting status on