This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Z-Wave

Problem removing Z-Wave device

I'm trying to remove a Z-Wave device which I accidentally factory reset, a Fibaro smoke sensor.

The solution here does not appear to work anymore, at least for me (firmware 1.5.11).
After waiting for 30 seconds on the removal screen, I simply get the following error message:
vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.response_timeout
When I do wake up the device during removal, I get this message:
The node has been reset, but was not in this Z-Wave network.
No Homey devices have been removed.

Removal on the Z-Wave settings page has no effect. The dev tools Z-Wave page doesn't seem to have a way to delete devices.
Trying to add the device again fails because Homey says it's already present.

I'm out of ideas, short of resetting the complete Z-Wave network which is obviously something I would like to avoid. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• There is an issue fot that here.
  • ThorarinThorarin Member
    edited June 2018
    Doesn't sound like the same issue to me.
    I'm trying to remove the device without actually communicating with it. The issue described seems to be about failures in communication.

I'm not really experiencing issues with pairing myself, so the issue also surprises me. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    Did you try a PTP, wait until homey is fully booted, then try again by pressing the X?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2018
    Have had this issue for over 6 months. Created a GitHub issue. Reset zwave and rebuilt my setup and flows. Have again a non-removable node. Again, I just move them to a zone called  ''delete' and hope a solution will eventually be available.
  • rickprickp Member
    edited August 2018
    Any solution for this yet?

I'm having the same troubles with 1 of my fibaro wall sockets. It suddenly stopped responding (switches a light). Turn it on/off in software doen't do anything. Switching on the unit works for the light but isn't visible in homey. 

When i tried to remove it i also get; 
    The node has been reset, but was not in this Z-Wave network.
    No Homey devices have been removed.   

When i try to remove and do nothing, so it should get deleted through time out i also get 

vdevice.drivers.zwavebasic.pair.response_timeout    

When i just change the device name and add the module it does add successfully but i also takes over the old counters and doesn't work either. I can delete this newly added device but not the "old" one. 

Did some reboots in the meanwhile but that didn't do it. 

@Rocodamelshe

The github link you provided seems to be different to our case.

-update

No solution but if i remove the device through the z-wave page it does say removed successfully. However in device's it's still there and i still can't remove it.   

edited August 2018
    Old problem, still no solution. I ended up resetting my z-wave setup. Cleared all dead nodes, but took a full day to add z-wave devices and re-build my flows.

Now, after 2 months again I have some dead nodes. 

• Eternity said:
    Old problem, still no solution. I ended up resetting my z-wave setup. Cleared all dead nodes, but took a full day to add z-wave devices and re-build my flows.

Now, after 2 months again I have some dead nodes. 

Damn, that renders my expensive fibaro plug useless?. Rebuilding is undoable, expesially when it's not a permanent solution. Replaced the unit with a coolcam one but had a fibaro for coverage ?
    edited August 2018
    Yes, this is a PITA  What others have said, is that it does not effect performance.. It does not have a negative effect on the z-wave mesh. 

FYI 
    I had a non responding Neo powerplug. Homey confirmed a successful removal via the z-wave settings menu. However, it was not removed as a device. Now it's just a non existing / controllable device. 
  • Response from Athom;

Het klopt dat er op dit moment een "bug" in de huidige firmware zit die er voor zorgt dat sommige :offline" z-wave devices niet verwijderd kunnen worden. Dit zal opgelost zijn in versie 2.0. 

There is a bug in the current firmware that can make some "offline" node's impossible to delete. Should be fixed in 2.0

• PerrePerre Unconfirmed, Member
    When is 2.0 expected to release then ? This is a really annoying problem.
  • Perre said:
    When is 2.0 expected to release then ? This is a really annoying problem.
    Indeed. 1 of my sirens is also struck now. This hurts my alarm system -.-