This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

resource management in flows

Herman2604Herman2604 Member
edited May 2018 in Ideas & Suggestions
Hi all, i was thinking about all the topics that Homey gets slower when a lot of devices are running .
I came from using domiticz with a raspberry Pi, and there you could see in the log files that when a flow was not made properly the device would be activated every time the flow checked its conditions, for example a wall socket . And putting a lot of data over the Z-wave network
So say a flow :IF it is between 7:00 and 8:00: turn on wallsocket ELSE turn off, this would send the turn-off signal everytime the flow checks.
If you put a variable in: If it is between 7:00 and 8:00  SET variable X=1 ELSE variable X=0
Then the flow would be: if it is between 7:00 and 8:00 AND X=1 :turn on wallsocket ELSE if variable X=(niet 0) turn off.

This way the wallsocket would not get a signal so often.

The commands are not exactly right, but im sure you guys/girls know where this is going.
Could this help?

Comments

• About the flow. What you could do is an extra check if the time is between 7 and 8 AND the device is off put it on. 
  • About the flow. What you could do is an extra check if the time is between 7 and 8 AND the device is off put it on. 
    Hi indeed i do this in my Ventilation flow, but what if a lot of people dont make these checks and are filling there network with all those commands that could be avoided, would that not help to make their network more stable?