This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Difference between Hue gen 1, 2 and 3 bridge with Homey

I got myself some hue lights (color) without a bridge and paired them directly with Homey.

Now i am concidering te get a bridge aswell for updates etc and maybe for better control if homey does not work properly etc.

There are serveral Hue bridge gen 1 offered on marktplaats (dutch second hand website), but i actually don't know what the differeces are between gen1,2 and 3 bridges.
When i google on it the differences between the generations are almost all related to the bulbs, not the bridges.

SO does someone have an idea what the main differece is and if a bridhe gen 1 works fine with gen 3 bulbs and Homey?

Comments

• Not sure what gen 3 is, but as far as I know there is a round bridge 1 and a square bridge 2 with rounded edges. Bridge 2 has support for Apple home kit, so you can have Siri control the lights.
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    ok thx, maybe there is no gen 3 :)

The question is then what is diff between gen 1 and 2 (round and square), is it only apple home kit?

• Hmmm, Google found this within 2 seconds.