This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Newbee!

Hello You all,

I am new to this forum and haven't got  a Homey (yet!)

Without reading up too much i think that i have a notion what Homey is all about: (or i juist read the gossip-part)

-Homey works but after an update (of a by homey controlled device) there's usually a (temparary) problem in Homey 
-Homey can replace a gateways (The Ikea tradfri gateway for instance)
-Devices without gateway's get no updates (problem?)
-Homey has a nice android app but no desktop app (i don't care, by the way)
-The dev-team of Homey is a ever changing team (which could be a problem)
-Homey has a microphone but isn't a very good listener 

ps: i am an it-er and have worked with raspberry pi/home assistant/domoticz/python/linux. I blew up my tradfri gateway the other day (to much python commands scheduled to reprogram the tradfri gateway, probably). I might by the Homey to replace the Tradfri gateway, and to have something to play with <span>:smile:</span>

Comments

• pakikje said:
    Hello You all,

I am new to this forum and haven't got  a Homey (yet!)

Without reading up too much i think that i have a notion what Homey is all about: (or i juist read the gossip-part)

-Homey works but after an update (of a by homey controlled device) there's usually a (temparary) problem in Homey 
    -Homey can replace a gateways (The Ikea tradfri gateway for instance)
    -Devices without gateway's get no updates (problem?)
    -Homey has a nice android app but no desktop app (i don't care, by the way)
    -The dev-team of Homey is a ever changing team (which could be a problem)
    -Homey has a microphone but isn't a very good listener 

ps: i am an it-er and have worked with raspberry pi/home assistant/domoticz/python/linux. I blew up my tradfri gateway the other day (to much python commands scheduled to reprogram the tradfri gateway, probably). I might by the Homey to replace the Tradfri gateway, and to have something to play with <span>:smile:</span>

Welcome :) 

Don't know what you want to ask with your topic, it's not very clear. Im closing this one, when you have a specific question please use the search to ask it in an already opened topic or open up a topic for a specific question. If you want to have this topic reopened contact any moderator mentioned in the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.