This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
KaKu

Ticking noise with Homey and Klikaanklikuit, anyone who has them too?

JonJon Member
edited April 2018 in Questions & Help
I have several flows that trigger some Kaku devices (asun-650 and ACD-1000 predominantly, but i think it's the asun-650s that this question is about).
The flows check with each their own time intervals (eg 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 3 minutes) their conditions and then do something: roll down the sun screen for example. Really common, nothing weird so far.

Now here's the weird part: with each check (so each interval) the Kaku devices 'click' or 'tick' even when the conditions are not met and the actual action is not triggered.
It actually sounds a little like a relais sound. Every so many minutes.
So it seems that somehow homey still gives some signal to the Kaku devices although the conditions are not met.

Is their a brilliant mind here who might know what is happening here? 
Tagged:

Comments

• As KAKU ASUN-650 and ACD-1000 are receivers and not transmitters it is not possible to checkt the state of the devices itself, the Receivers don't (can't) report back to Homey. 

If you check the state of these devices in Homey You check the last know state, and Homey will absolutely not transmit a signal to these devices.

If you hear these devices click at the time of the the flows interval I guess you made a mistake and also send a state change and maybe a second change direct after it?
    1. Try to isolate this issue? Disable the flow and check if the ticking noise disapears?
    2. Test the (disabled) flow to see (hear) if the ticking noise happens on each test?
    3. Add logging to the flows to see if they not trigger/execute the Then or Else part as you say? (fe PaperTrails or SimpleLog)
    4. Share (screensots of) your flows here so we can see if you set them up correct?

Personally I don't see many use-cases for Flow triggering in an x minute interval.... most of them you could replace with triggers on state changes.

For a ASUN I can only make it tick without moving the blinds  by sending an Up when it is already up..... or sending down when it is already fully down.

• The Asun 650 also ticks after two minutes when the relais returns to its neutral state.(Only once)

Peter

• JonJon Member
    beatrix18 said:
    The Asun 650 also ticks after two minutes when the relais returns to its neutral state.(Only once)

Peter

Okay and what makes the relay turn to neutral state? 
  • JonJon Member
    As KAKU ASUN-650 and ACD-1000 are receivers and not transmitters it is not possible to checkt the state of the devices itself, the Receivers don't (can't) report back to Homey. 

If you check the state of these devices in Homey You check the last know state, and Homey will absolutely not transmit a signal to these devices.

If you hear these devices click at the time of the the flows interval I guess you made a mistake and also send a state change and maybe a second change direct after it?
    1. Try to isolate this issue? Disable the flow and check if the ticking noise disapears?
    2. Test the (disabled) flow to see (hear) if the ticking noise happens on each test?
    3. Add logging to the flows to see if they not trigger/execute the Then or Else part as you say? (fe PaperTrails or SimpleLog)
    4. Share (screensots of) your flows here so we can see if you set them up correct?

Personally I don't see many use-cases for Flow triggering in an x minute interval.... most of them you could replace with triggers on state changes.

For a ASUN I can only make it tick without moving the blinds  by sending an Up when it is already up..... or sending down when it is already fully down.

Here's an example of a flow where the Asun 650s are in use. @GeurtDijker curious if you can say something avout it how to avoid the ticking or give advice how to avoid the frequent check with time intervals in the first column! 
    Thx! 

• Did you try to disable the flow? does it still tick?
    Dit you try to test the flow by hand? will it tick ?

Don't know the Somfy's, if Homey/ the Somfy device forgets state UP and switches to IDLE, then  every 15 minutes the Then part runs. 

You could exchange the two conditions  "State is NOT UP" from your Somfy both for a "State is NOT UP" from your first  ASUN650. 

Personally I think I would trigger on LUX / Helderheid changes, depending on how often it updates. 
  • Jon said:
    beatrix18 said:
    The Asun 650 also ticks after two minutes when the relais returns to its neutral state.(Only once)

Peter

Okay and what makes the relay turn to neutral state? 
    A timer inside the Asun itself.

Peter