This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

Do homey check the flows/devices?

For example, if the homey had a power off on the time that flows should be triggerd. Do homey check the devices or something after a time to resend the flows? (I know my vera edge did this if the shedules wasn´t triggerd).
Tagged:

Comments

• I have only z-wave devices
  • But, u wanna run the flows from 1700 when Homey comes back online at 1900?
  • rickprickp Member
    edited April 2018
    But, u wanna run the flows from 1700 when Homey comes back online at 1900?
    Is this relevant to the question?

Not quite sure what the use case would be but if for example you turn the light on at time x to act like there is someone home, and at time x+000.1 sec there is a power drop, will the light go on when homey reboots?

I don't think so. I think the flow will fail and only run again at the next trigger. You should be able to test this by making a flow that runs, with in the "THEN" column an action with a delay (30 sec?). Start the flow (press test), pul the plug, put the plug back and see what happens.

IF this flow is started THEN do X with delay of 30.

Will you let us now?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    Or just put Homey behind a powerbank / UPS so no power failures :)  Question is that if a flow of 1700 will still be usefull when Homey would come alive around 2200, don't think it will be
  • rickp said:
    But, u wanna run the flows from 1700 when Homey comes back online at 1900?
    Is this relevant to the question?

Yes it is. Question was: If Homey is powering down a split second before 1700 and there is a flow at 1700, will Homey re-trigger the flow when power is up again?
    So i think my question is relevant yes.
  • If I set a flow that should go on 30 min after sunset, and I´m not at home. If there was a problem at this time with something and I come home later my house will be dark. Shouldn´t Homey check the z-wave devices if they are on/off and if this isn´t matched with flows it will be retriggerd?
  • mikron said:
    If I set a flow that should go on 30 min after sunset, and I´m not at home. If there was a problem at this time with something and I come home later my house will be dark. Shouldn´t Homey check the z-wave devices if they are on/off and if this isn´t matched with flows it will be retriggerd?
    Not happening indeed but can be a new feature if you want to have it you need to open up a request at github 
  • mikron said:
    If I set a flow that should go on 30 min after sunset, and I´m not at home. If there was a problem at this time with something and I come home later my house will be dark. Shouldn´t Homey check the z-wave devices if they are on/off and if this isn´t matched with flows it will be retriggerd?
    This is a good point. I have two thoughts
    1) I have had homey for 1.5 years and this has only ever happened 2 or 3 times. Meaning, it's very stable. I note that you came from Vera which I also did and was used to these kinds of concerns.

2) You could use betterlogic. Have your primary flow set a BOOLEAN to true when it runs. Have a flow run every 5 minutes between the times you need the primary flow to run. That checks if the boolean is false, if so then manually trigger the flow. After the desired period, reset the boolean to false

That might help.
  • mikron said:
    Not happening indeed but can be a new feature if you want to have it you need to open up a request at github 
    I think I will do that
  • mikron said:
    This is a good point. I have two thoughts
    1) I have had homey for 1.5 years and this has only ever happened 2 or 3 times. Meaning, it's very stable. I note that you came from Vera which I also did and was used to these kinds of concerns.

2) You could use betterlogic. Have your primary flow set a BOOLEAN to true when it runs. Have a flow run every 5 minutes between the times you need the primary flow to run. That checks if the boolean is false, if so then manually trigger the flow. After the desired period, reset the boolean to false

That might help.
    Your solution is smart, but as a customer for this expensive product I think I want this feature in the background. I`l start a github post.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2018
    For zwave it is not always possible.

For example a light turns on by homey on time based trigger.

A little later you turn it off again with a direct associated remote as you don't want that light on, this way homey does not come in between the switching.

As not all devices report that state change to homey immediately (these devices are useally polled for its current state), homey will not know of the change and notices the device isn't on before it polls the current state again, so turns the light on again.

This might not be in your case, but it CAN happen, so should be taken into considering if you'd want such an implementation.