This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Reset Homey

I tried to install a new thermostat from spirit, that was an zwave product, but unfortunately i now have 5 unknown zwave devices and i cannot delete them anymore. When i wanna reset the homey, do i have to exclude all the devices that i have installed right know, so i don't have any issues if i wanna connect them again (with a clean install)  thanks guys

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    In the Eurotronic thread you can read that you are not the only one with this issue. A Github case was created some months ago. If the standard way of removing unknown nodes fails, seems you are stuck with them. In my case I had a dozen of them. 

In eventually have reset zwave (not Homey!) and re included all zwave devices and rebuilt broken flows. Best is to exclude nodes first. Otherwise after the zwave reset, they will not include as they are already paired to a controller. In my case I excluded the majority of nodes and reset some others, than included them after the zwave reset of Homey. 

Good luck! 
  • Eternity said:
    In the Eurotronic thread you can read that you are not the only one with this issue. A Github case was created some months ago. If the standard way of removing unknown nodes fails, seems you are stuck with them. In my case I had a dozen of them. 

In eventually have reset zwave (not Homey!) and re included all zwave devices and rebuilt broken flows. Best is to exclude nodes first. Otherwise after the zwave reset, they will not include as they are already paired to a controller. In my case I excluded the majority of nodes and reset some others, than included them after the zwave reset of Homey. 

Good luck!

Yes i saw indeed that this was a problem