This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App Request] HartslagNu

Hi all,

I just came up with an idea for a new Homey app, although I'm not sure if this is even possible.
I'm a volunteer for HartslagNu (www.hartslagnu.nl). This is a non-profit organisation which organizes a CPR-network with volunteers who are skilled (and certified) with performing CPR.
Whenever someone in my area with get a heartattack, I receive an emergency message that I need to get an AED and go to the victim immediately. 

Last weekend, I almost missed one of these messages because I didn't had my phone in my pocket.
This triggered me in thinking in alternatives.

It would be nice if my Homey would raise an alarm as soon as I receive an emergency message.
Including stating the location of the victim.

On a technical note: I receive a text (sms) message and a push notification from the app. 
So far haven't been able to locate an API for HartslagNu.
Would it be an option to fetch the text message from my phone and filter on the message header?

Wonder what you think about this!

Best regards,
Rick

Comments

• Good idea Rick and a great (volunteer) job you do! Same idea did me made the Amber Alert app. Most clean solution is using an API because otherwise the app would always need your phone to work and what if your battery is dead and a message comes in (and do you get messages for everyone in NL?). So maybe you can contact them to request for an API, then there will be a developer here that want to use that API :) A simple XML file which is filled with the data is already usable :)
  • rw90rw90 Member
    Thanks lubbertkramer!
    I'll send them an email to see if they have any API available.
    Only challenge we might encounter is that the Amber Alert data is public to everyone, but the HartslagNu data is private/personally.
    Fingers crossed..
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    rw90 said:
    Thanks lubbertkramer!
    I'll send them an email to see if they have any API available.
    Only challenge we might encounter is that the Amber Alert data is public to everyone, but the HartslagNu data is private/personally.
    Fingers crossed..
    should not be an issue but will maybe cost some extra work on their side to make the API secure, for example by user credentials so the app is always personal 
  • rw90rw90 Member
    Received feedback from them that they are working on a new app. So should wait for them to finish that first..
  • In the meantime you could hack something together.. 
    If you have an android you could use tasker & autonotification to get and process the app notifications, then an other plugin to send the data to homey, there are complete instructions on the forum using RESTask I believe