This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

[Solved] No confirmation mail

rob_houwelingrob_houweling Member
edited September 2017 in Archive
I get a small popup screen saying I need to confirm my email address but when I click the link to resend the confirmation email I get nothing in my inbox. Not in junk as well.
Mail server down? ;)
Tagged:

Comments

• I get a small popup screen saying I need to confirm my email address but when I click the link to resend the confirmation email I get nothing in my inbox. Not in junk as well.
    Mail server down? ;)
    I got the e-mail just a minute ago!
  • Nothing here yet...
    Maybe mail is blocked by msft (using a hotmail address)?
  • Could be:
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
           spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning info@athom.nl does not designate 2a03:3c00:a002:192::1 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=info@athom.nl
  • Could be:
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
           spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning info@athom.nl does not designate 2a03:3c00:a002:192::1 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=info@athom.nl
    What could be causing that? No SPF record?
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited December 2015
    Athom.nl has a SPF record however I believe it only has the IPv4 range described and apparently this e-mail was send via an IPv6 address which is not recognized as the permitted sender. 

v=spf1 a mx ip4:141.138.168.148 include:_spf.google.com ~all
  • Hi @rob_houweling, Joachim from Athom here. I used my old Hotmail account to test whether the verification email arrived. I received the email immediately, but it landed in the Junk folder. Could you verify that it still isn't there? If so, please send me a DM with the email address you are expecting the email to arrive.

We will try to find out why our emails are marked as junk. We haven't been spamming people, as far as we know :).
  • joachim said:
    Hi @rob_houweling, Joachim from Athom here. I used my old Hotmail account to test whether the verification email arrived. I received the email immediately, but it landed in the Junk folder. Could you verify that it still isn't there? If so, please send me a DM with the email address you are expecting the email to arrive.

We will try to find out why our emails are marked as junk. We haven't been spamming people, as far as we know :).
    Hi Joachim, Thanks for the quick response. Turns out that Outlook app for Android doesn't load the junk folder properly, so it was indeed in there. And also the original verification emails.
    Maybe the cause can be found in the spf record as @DieterKoblenz stated in his last response?

Thanks again!

• joachimjoachim Member
    edited December 2015
    Glad to hear you got the emails!

For emails that are sent from accounts.athom.com we use an email service that uses its own "Mail-From" domain. For this domain the SPF authentication is properly set up and therefore it doesn't make a difference how we set up our own SPF records. It's a good suggestion, but not relevant in our case. 
  • You still got that softfail error which flags the e-mail in many systems like hotmail.
  • My GF still waits for her verification mail...sent to....you guessed it, @hotmail

• The send address is noreply@athom.com, so it's normal behaviour on most email systems. "noreply" is always going to be completely blocked, until you set a rule to set the SCL value to a lower value for this address, or add the address to your save senders list. Or athom should use a different sender address... :-)

This discussion has been closed.