This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Automatic air freshener

Just for fun, playing on a lazy sunday with a pop strick lock.  

Comments

• Oy1974 said:
    Just for fun, playing on a lazy sunday with a pop strick lock.  

Great! But it's always good to give some more intel how you did this so other users can use your idea's :)
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited March 2018
    @lubbertkramer Good point. 

* The print inside i removed, only the part wich connect the batteries (2xAA) i keep in place. You need this because a 9 volt battery cant deliver the needed AMP. 

* connected the + directly to the motor and the - to the relay (C)of the Popp strike lock.
    * from the strike lock (NO) you go to the motor.

The strike lock itself should work on a 9 volt battery but my experience is that it wil drain in less a day, so i did used a 220-12V adaptor.

Make sure if switching the device on, that you also switchting it of in a few seconds (automatecly) 

Part wich i cut off, and not using anymore

• Great work @Oy1974! Will take a look at it later if i can archieve the same with mine.
  • jodiegrahamjodiegraham Member
    edited July 2018
    Looks nice and unusual! Gonna try it out on a vacation in Vegas provided by this website so I will make my holidays truly unforgettable

[mod break, removed (spam) link]
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

@Rocodamelshe this ask for a control alt delete
  • Banned.
  • Oy1974 said:
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

@Bram doesn’t it become time to promote @Oy1974 ?
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oy1974 said:
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

@Bram doesn’t it become time to promote @Oy1974 ?
    Hell NO, this is community forum... and no way i want to be associate with athom (and the way they ……..)  other then iam a user of homey.  :# B) B)
  • Oy1974 said:
    @lubbertkramer Good point. 

* The print inside i removed, only the part wich connect the batteries (2xAA) i keep in place. You need this because a 9 volt battery cant deliver the needed AMP. 

* connected the + directly to the motor and the - to the relay (C)of the Popp strike lock.
    * from the strike lock (NO) you go to the motor.

The strike lock itself should work on a 9 volt battery but my experience is that it wil drain in less a day, so i did used a 220-12V adaptor.

Make sure if switching the device on, that you also switchting it of in a few seconds (automatecly) 

Part wich i cut off, and not using anymore

Just replace the 2 batteries for, this little board wich brings 12 v tot 3.3v

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/DC-DC-Buck-Step-down-Power-Supply-Module-5V-12V-24V-to-3-3V-Fixed-Output/32744123163.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4a594c4dCwfr9Y 

This because the batteries doesnt work long, they losing voltage because the travel to longer wires. So empty after a short time. 
    Benifit also no need to change them anymore.