This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Control hue via Kaku switches

Just wondering, Does homey makes it possible to activate a hue scene by klikking a kaku switch or remote?

Comments

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited December 2015

Yes, you will be able to. That is exactly one of the reasons why homey is superior compares to other systems such as homewizard, smarthings or fibaro.

• I currently use HomeWizard to control Hue scenes, so in that regard, Homey is not superior.

The possibilities of Homey are however more extensive. Homey can choose colors randomly or based on the season for example.

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited December 2015

Jaap, could you explain what you mean? Homey can control anything that is controlled by both the homewizard and the hue bridge, and combine them. How is that not superior?

• p0nts said:

Jaap, could you explain what you mean? Homey can control anything that is controlled by both the homewizard and the hue bridge, and combine them. How is that not superior?

If you want to have a kaku switch control you hue lamp, Homey and HomeWizard can do both do that, so in that single aspect, I called them equal. For everything more than simply switching, Homey is superior. 

The point is that controlling Hue lamps with KaKu switches is a common practice and it work very well together. 
  • JaapPelt said:
    p0nts said:

If you want to have a kaku switch control you hue lamp, Homey and HomeWizard can do both do that, so in that single aspect, I called them equal. For everything more than simply switching, Homey is superior. 

The point is that controlling Hue lamps with KaKu switches is a common practice and it work very well together. 
    Thx!
This discussion has been closed.