This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fan Control

I have a fan with a 4 speed connection. I also have two double switches for control.

I have been struggeling with the flow so I was hoping op some help. The speed is regulated by 4 relays (2 Double switches). The tricky thing is that only one speed at the same time may activated. And I also wo like to control it with voice.
Ii.e. Fan speed 1, fan speed 2 etc and also from  fan speed 4 back to fan speed 1.

Is there an easy way to do this? 

Thanks

Comments

• First idea...

Create folders per switch state

Use the Candy App in all flows  to disable / enable the folders with the flow you want to be active (disabling the 3 other flows)

You could now cycle thru these 4 states with 1 button.  
  • I have build some flows( i will post them later) but I notice the z wave isn't working good enough. Reason? I don't know. The fibaros 223 working not always on the right way. 
  • Oke Solved. Just put in a Fibaro dimmer and it works perfect. I was thinking in a difficult solution.

Now I can say to Alexa, "turn on fan 30%" or "turn on fan 100%" And "turn of fan"

Works fantastic. <span>:smiley:</span>
  • Can u post a pic of the connections to the fan?

• The motor was a 4 speed fan. I used the speed 4 connection (max speed) and so I can control from about 30% till 100% speed. The Fibaro is a normal led dimmer.
  • Cool, thnx! Now we only need the make and model from the fan.
    Maybe a good inspiration for other fan users.
    (where did u learn to draw pics?)
  • skoniskoni Member
    edited February 2018
    The make of the fan is:
    http://www.domest.nl/nl/exquisit-nl/inbouw-apparaten/afzuigen/plafondunits/ebh-90i-gl
    I disconect the excisting control
    and I add also a fibaro switch for seperate light on/off

is the drawing that bad?...
  • Very nice, thnx.
    And the pic is just great!