This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow state for Hue "not reachable"

In my house I use several hue bulbs. They are not always controlled by smart switches.
It would be very very usefull if it is possible to use a flow state Hue lamp not reachable.

This because it will be able for me to control not only the hue buld, but it will make my old, dumb switch smart and it will make it possible to control a lot of other devices. 

When the bulb is not in reach => switch is off
When bulb can be reachef => switch is on

This will save me work and hardware to make my switch smart. It also adds functionality to homey that is not easy possible for others?

Well maybe it's already in other hardware, I don't know

Comments

• gEiTeL said:
    In my house I use several hue bulbs. They are not always controlled by smart switches.
    It would be very very usefull if it is possible to use a flow state Hue lamp not reachable.

This because it will be able for me to control not only the hue buld, but it will make my old, dumb switch smart and it will make it possible to control a lot of other devices. 

When the bulb is not in reach => switch is off
    When bulb can be reachef => switch is on

This will save me work and hardware to make my switch smart. It also adds functionality to homey that is not easy possible for others?

Well maybe it's already in other hardware, I don't know
    Always good to make your problem the problem of the developer haha :) But i guess this has to be done in the Hue app (i'm not sure and i don't know if this can be done in the app / core) , so it depends on wich Hue app you use, the Hue app with bridge (athom made) or Hue app Zigbee (made by community developer), but either way you will need to open up a issue at the right Github :) 
  • I'm not dropping a problem, it could be an extra feature that makes Homey more interesting.
  • Excellent proposal. Ik would very much appreciatie such a state.