This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Exclude Motion Alarm from Generic Motion Alarm group?

I recently got a Ring Doorbell which has a motion alarm, but I don't want to include the Motion Alarm in the general group as that sets off my house alarm.

I have tried adding ...and... Logic - Motion Alarm not equal to Front Door, but it just stops all motion alarms setting things off...

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Hello Vaderdag,

Did you already look at the Heimdall app.....
    Its a awesome alarm system for homey. And you can select the devices you want for monitoring the house state.

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.uc.heimdall
  • Hmm... hadn't come across that. 
    I actually have the whole setup working reasonably well through manual input - reading about that app doesnt seem like it offers a countdown etc (tho maybe it does and just doesnt mention it?)

My current setup has a flow for Motion Alarm, Flow for Contact alarm and then various related flows for coundown timer etc
    So I arm (via Alexa), 15 second countdown until alarm is live, then 10seconds to disarm after I set off an alarm (both with audible countdowns)

Is there anything there in the app that I don't already have covered?

P.S. I solved my original issue by using a Zone label instead of the name - no idea why the name had an issue
  • @vaderag

The workflow you describe is possible in Heimdall.
    The countdown possibilities (and more) are mentioned in the opening post here: Heimdall: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4514/app-heimdall-let-homey-watch-over-your-home/p1 
  • @vaderag

The workflow you describe is possible in Heimdall.
    The countdown possibilities (and more) are mentioned in the opening post here: Heimdall: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4514/app-heimdall-let-homey-watch-over-your-home/p1 
    Thanks!
    Wish I'd discovered this before spending days building my current flows!

When I have some spare time think I'll look at setting that up.

One thing I can't see, is it possible to have a beep every second or so while the system is arming/disarming?
  • It doesn't do a beep from it self, but you can do a spoken countdown:

(ignore those last 2 for now, this is not released yet)

Or create your own flow with any of the cards that gets triggered every second during the countdown (towards arming or towards an alarm) :<span>:smile:</span>

• IF motion alarm on AND it is not exacly "zone" or "name of tag" THEN....
  • Just been having a play with this - how do I deactivate the Surveillance during the countdown?
    I have a flow 
    "Specific NFC tag detected" -> and Surveillance Mode is Armed or Partially armed -> Set mode disarmed & deactivate alarm

But if the countdown is going off (for activating), then it doesnt deactivate...

I don't seem to be able to create a flow for "NFC is detected" AND "Delay is Activated" as Delay is Activated can only go in the when column and NFC can't go into and column...

Thoughts?
  • How did you set the Surveillance Mode that started the countdown?
    Can you post screenshots of your flows?
  • How did you set the Surveillance Mode that started the countdown?
    Can you post screenshots of your flows?

nb. no tag id for testing so works with any NFC

As far as I can tell, all works except deactivating during countdown
  • You can actually just use the flowcard 'Set Surveillance Mode' disarmed during a delayed arming, that will cancel the arming action. So, remove the condition cards in the flow with the NFC a 'tag has been detected' and try it again.

I'm not sure how the 'Turn on Alarm' variable is set to true to set the Surveillance Mode so I'm not sure this will conflict with the above. I'm not sure if you're not overcomplicating things by using the 'Turn on Alarm' as the Surveillance Mode represents the state.
    Also, the Deactivate Alarm card is redundant, setting the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed will also deactivate the alarm.
  • Turn on Alarm is a Better Logic variable which is also linked to a device. That device is flipped via Alexa.

It seems that removing the conditions has solved that issue, so think it works now :)

Very nice app - has meant I can consolidate about 10 flows with a bunch of different variables into about 4 :)
  • vaderag said:
    Turn on Alarm is a Better Logic variable which is also linked to a device. That device is flipped via Alexa.

It seems that removing the conditions has solved that issue, so think it works now :)

Very nice app - has meant I can consolidate about 10 flows with a bunch of different variables into about 4 :)
    You now have me thinking this could perhaps be achieved via the two devices set via the app...

If i wish to remote arm/disarm the alarm presumably I use the surveillance option?
    And the Alarm is purely for disabling the alarm condition?
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:
    Turn on Alarm is a Better Logic variable which is also linked to a device. That device is flipped via Alexa.

You now have me thinking this could perhaps be achieved via the two devices set via the app...

If i wish to remote arm/disarm the alarm presumably I use the surveillance option?
    Exactly!
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

Exactly!

I don't suppose you know how to send a HTTP request to the activity to set it to armed?

I use HA Bridge on my server to set the BetterLogic device (long story, i know Homey has a better Alexa skill now, but it doesnt serve my needs), and current command is {"onoff": true}

But given the device is not boolean not sure what I need to send...