This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Integration with Razor Chroma - is it possible? (As in: Anyone who can do some magic?)

cbhcbh Member
edited February 2018 in Questions & Help
Hi,
Razer introduced synchronisation with Philips Hue on CES 2018 - it is also possible to sync with e.g. Aurora Nanoleaf
My son has some devices from Razer + a RGB-LED-strip and an Ikea RGBW-light bulb in his room - and the obvious question is if this can work together using Homey.

The connection is made by software running on the PC (Razer Synapse) and a connection is made directly to a Philips Hue Bridge or Aurora nanoleaf - this will of course not work since my system doesn't include any of these.

However, the Razer Synapse must publish some values in some way - and somehow, although I do not have the slightest idea about how, it must be possible to grab these and use them in Homey.

Knowing the Homey community is full of ingenious developers my question is: Anybody who knows if - and how - this can be done?

Comments

• Information that is needed if there will be an API to talk to or if the Philips Hue bridge will have those functionality in the API wich is also now used for the Philips Hue app (with the bridge). If that's a yes it could be possible to use it with Homey
  • cbhcbh Member
    edited February 2018
    Razer has a Developer Program , an SDK, documentation on the API, including something about how effects can be created on linked devices and a lot of stuff on GitHub, e.g. I fould this Control your Corsair & Razer peripherals, and Philips Hue lightning with one simple API call - as well as they've made something they call Chroma Link for what they call their "3rd Party Lighting ecosystem".

The community around Razer's products seems to be a size that Athom can only envy and there's a lot of info available - my problem is, that I don't have the skills to figure out how to use it - so it was merely a hope that someone might find it funny to look into if values could be "pushed" or "grabbed" in one way or another and used in Homey...