This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[1.5.6RC11] Request_neighbour_update_failed

canedjecanedje Member
edited February 2018 in Questions & Help

I just installed rc11. I did read that in this version the Heal function was installed.

I tried to heal some devices, but I do receive the message at the bottom of the window: request_neigbour_update_failed.
That sounds not oke. And I don't see something changing. Anybody recognize this?
Do I need to register this at GitHub?

Comments

• BramBram Member
    edited February 2018
    Could you file an issue on GitHub so the developers are notified about this?
  • I did
  • canedje said:
    I did
    Great, then Athom can take a look at it :) I changed the topic title a little bit because it's 1.5.6RC11 and higher that can use the Heal function
  • @canedje What type off device did you heal? Mains powered or battery powered? I've seen the message to, but for me it only happened on sleeping battery powered devices.
  • I have the same thing. From some nodes I get the message done and some nodes the same message as canedje. 
  • And do you see a correlation between the failures and the way they are powered?
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited February 2018
    No correlation. All power plugs and they all work. The only thing is that I have some delays and the plugs are not taking a logical route according to map. I hoped to solve this with a manual heal
  • @canedje What type off device did you heal? Mains powered or battery powered? I've seen the message to, but for me it only happened on sleeping battery powered devices.
    I tried this at my work on an other wifi network then Homey.
    There it happens on both type of devices. (Battery and power supply)
    I tried it again at home there the power supply devices did work properly. But not the battery powered devices.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2018
    heal = rebuild the neighbouring table in the device (look in the area for z-wave nodes it can talk to, for relay/association purposes).
    99.5% of the battery devices do not have a neighbouring table, so there is nothing to rebuild.

so in short, HEAL is only for Powered devices that can route/relay/mesh
  • fiek said:
    No correlation. All power plugs and they all work. The only thing is that I have some delays and the plugs are not taking a logical route according to map. I hoped to solve this with a manual heal
    Route doesn't matter as long as it can be reached.