This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

User Management (Two homeys: home vs. work)

I just bought a second homey to use at work, woohoo!! (sorry, it was the last one in stock <span>:blush:</span>)

Goal would be to share this new Homey with my colleagues. I would like them to manage devices, create flow's, etc.on this second Homey.
Is a non-owner (user) account enough to do so? Could I set it up just like the one at home and just add my colleagues to the second Homey?

If not;
Should I create a separate owner account (my work email for example) just for this Homey and share this account/password?
What would happen to my Homey App which is connected to my personal Athom account? Could I add myself as a 'user' with the Athom account I already use and get notifications of two Homeys? Same question applies when one of my colleagues decides to buy his own homey and already is a 'user' on this one.

Quite some questions, which I guess some of you already tried and got it sorted out. Like the guys at Sybrand's Place who share one homey. Couldn't really find anything on the forums that matches my question so this would be the best place to start I guess.

What would do you think is the best approach to setup this new Homey? 

Thanks

Comments

• I will have the same and multiple companies (Like Sybrand's Place Where  the monthly Developer meeting takes place, face the same problem)

1st, only Homey Owner can install, so ik multiple user need that create a common account and use shared credential => fe create HomeyManager@company.com  (and enable and TEST that email adres!!) Create an Athom Account on that email and Validate the Email address!! (click the link in the email!)
    Setup and Link the New Company Homey to that account, then invite al other users by their e-mail (company or private if they have an Homey on an Private email address) 

After registering an Athom Account and Validate the Email address your colleagues have User Access. Share the Complex HomeyManager account password only is they need to install apps, change system settings or developer access.

It should be no problem to receive Push notifications from work on  your Private account. 

I guess time for some GH Feature request, although I don't expect it within a year....

Ik think it is just this at the moment.

Maybe @maxxie01 @lubbertkramer have other tips?

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    At the two homey's at work we are invited with our own Athom account and we have a shared account to manage Homey that has full rights 

All features work from your own account except you can't update/ install / manage  things

• If you are user at the office you can't install apps because you are user and not the owner. 
    When you start the my.athom environment you can choice with account you want to use and after that you can only select the Homey's you have privilege for. 
  • Thanks guys. I deciced to create a new 'manager' account as you suggested.
    I then added my own personal account and those of my colleagues. 

When needed any one of us can use the manager account. Works great. 
    We are even trying out Homey accross two locations, lot's of fun already (although we need to work as well)

Would have been nice if you could give users a role. Like it's strange to have more than one person in the house/work that could be managing Homey...