This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey 433 stopped working!

Hi,

Running version 1.5.3 stable for few months now. I have couple of 433 devices which were working all the time, unfortunately they are not any more. No changes have been made and devices itself work fine when triggered by the remote.
Just for the test, I tried to create new device and include them into homey by copying the remote key presses (just as I always did). Homey does not recognise key presses from the remote.

So devices are working, remote is working, but it just seems that 433 radio in Homey is dead.
Any way to troubleshoot this further? Known issue? I am not keen on doing factory reset and losing all of my settings and starting over.
Getting really tired of lack of stability in this product.

Comments

• Just to add, z-wave and zigbee still work
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited January 2018
    i only know in 1.5.6-rc8 X10 sdk 1 433 works , if it did work in 1.5.3 i dont know . oregon died from 1.5.3 to 1.5.6-rc8 so worked in 1.5.3 i believe. i am on 1.5.6-rc8 with my homey.
  • Hi Nattelip,

It did work in 1.5.3, thats the only version I have been running since I unboxed it and it did first update on its own. I never tried the experimental versions, as I have read about all the issues with those.

If anyone has a clue how to do some serious diagnostics on the units please let me know. I am hesitant going to experimental in hope that "maybe" it solves something which was working. 

• cbhcbh Member
    You probably did, but just to be certain: Did you PTP (pull the plug) and wait for 10-15 minutes and try again?

Running 1.5.6-rc8 and have had no problems with 433 all the way through versions.
    Which app are you using?
  • Hi cbh,

Yes I did try that, but unfortunately it didn't help.
    App is KlikAanKlikUit, latest version 3.1.5
    Except that one, only apps I run are:
    Email sender
    Fibaro
    Homey Logger
    IKEA trådfri
    Philio
    Ubiquity
  • If it's just kaku it CAN be an empty battery on 1 of ur devices. When battery is running low the device is gonna shout over the network and CAN block all traffic to and from Homey. Can u check the battery powered devices for empty battery's?
    And by checking i mean get the battery out and meassure it.
  • If it's just kaku it CAN be an empty battery on 1 of ur devices. When battery is running low the device is gonna shout over the network and CAN block all traffic to and from Homey. Can u check the battery powered devices for empty battery's?
    And by checking i mean get the battery out and meassure it.
    Hi,

Both of the devices are non-battery powered (they are connected directly into power outlet)

• Hm ok, so i did another power off on the Homey, waited for good 20 min.
    After it booted up, one of my 433 outlets started working, but the other still did not.

Tried pairing a non working 433 device  again as a new device (copy remote) and the new device now worked............but, suddenly the old non-working device started working as well (mind you, both old and new logical device use same "remote code").
    So then I deleted newly created device (basically went back as it was before) and now the old/original device works.

Can't really wrap my head around the logic here. I will put it to test now coming days to see if it remains somewhat stable or if it goes bananas again.

Thank you for showing interest and helping with advice!