This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Double Switch 2 wiring?

Hi guy's,
Ive recently purchased a Fibaro Double Switch 2 to activate my outdoor and hallway lightning and am hitting a brick wall with the wiring.

I tried following this video:  but without succes.
(note: the switch comes with a power socket attached)
I have the following wiring available:

Comments

• Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited January 2018
    So what is your question exactly?? 

Guess you want to keep your powersocket?  The socket and the switch usses the brown wire (L) for the socket and the switch and is internal conected. So there is no way for as i know to keep the socket Always powerd on.
  • I indeed want to keep the socket. I got this far before becoming confused with the wiring:

• Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited January 2018
    forget what is sayd before, you can keep using the socket. as in the video take 2 wires from the switch to the fibaro as shown on the video.

And also take 1 brown (L) and a Blue(N) to the socket. make sure the Brown wire is on the same point where it was before. then it should work

• The socket needs brown and blue (Fase en nul)
    The switch is switching the Fase (brown)
  • So the 2 black wires coming out of the box goes to Q1 and Q2.
    2 other (new) black wires coming from ur switch goes to S1 and S2
  • So the 2 black wires coming out of the box goes to Q1 and Q2.
    2 other (new) black wires coming from ur switch goes to S1 and S2
    Many thanks, I figured it was going to go that way after thinking for a bit. I'm going at it again tomorrow, it's to dark now to turn off the lights <span>:dizzy:</span>
  • TravelerTraveler Member
    edited January 2018
    I was trying to draw it out for myself, but going blank again.
    Following?

1. unplug socket
    2. use a connector to make 1 old + 2 new brown connector
    3. use a connector to make 1 old + 2 new blue connector
    4.  make 2 old + 2 new black connector
    5. connect new blue to N on fibaro
    6. connect blue on socket
    7. connect new brown to Q on fibaro
    8. connect new brown to socket
    9. Connect black Q1 and 2
    10. connect black to S1 and S2 to switch from fibaro

• pic for guidance: 
    pic.jpg 63.5K
  • Traveler said:
    I was trying to draw it out for myself, but going blank again.
    Following?

1. unplug socket
    2. use a connector to make 1 old + 2 new brown connector
    3. use a connector to make 1 old + 2 new blue connector
    4.  make 2 old + 2 new black connector
    5. connect new blue to N on fibaro
    6. connect blue on socket
    7. connect new brown to Q on fibaro
    8. connect new brown to socket
    9. Connect black Q1 and 2
    10. connect black to S1 and S2 to switch from fibaro

Sounds good except 7.
    New brown goes to L on Fibaro
  • TravelerTraveler Member
    edited January 2018
    i have everything wired up properly, Homey wont connect, doesnt see a z-wave item...
    Homey is like 1 meter away,
    I even have the adapter outside the wall to pair, used the switch 3 times AND pressed the connect button - nothing.

EDIT: holding the button on the device itself makes a small LED light up, I figure thats an indicator that its in pair modus. That light does not turn on when I use the switch S1 (turn off/on/off/on/off/on) (start with lights on, off, on off, on off, on.
  • after an hour of turning lights off and on, pressing the button I've decided to unplug everything and return the switch device. 
    I put homey IN the socket right next ot the adapter and nothing.
  • Did u try to reset the Fibaro?
  • Sorry, but this seems like you did AND the wiring incorrectly (Homey not working on the socket) AND the pairing incorrectly (holding the button? You don't have to do that)

Why don't you connect everything like you think it should be and then post a photo here so we can check? :) 
  • I was also struggling a while ago with a fibaro switch and when I rebooted Homey and tried to pair the switch  again everything worked. So maybe you can try that after you have checked the wiring.

• Or, just connect brown and blue to the Fibaro, perhaps even with a spare power cord, and pair it to Homey. So, forget the other wires temporarily. See if that works. I did it this way to include my double switches. 
  • I've already returned the device. What Eternity states is a good idea, maybe next time.
    Wiring was also the way it should be, switching on/off through the switch worked fine.

Wiring was exactly like the picture I uploaded in my previous post.
  • Traveler said:
    I've already returned the device. What Eternity states is a good idea, maybe next time.
    Wiring was also the way it should be, switching on/off through the switch worked fine.

Then why didn't the socket work? :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Traveler said:
    I've already returned the device. What Eternity states is a good idea, maybe next time.

Then why didn't the socket work? :)
    Let me correct what I said, the socket functioned without flaw. I had homey connected INTO that socket and the device wouldn't function. This was to describe how close homey was.
  • Eternity said:
    Or, just connect brown and blue to the Fibaro, perhaps even with a spare power cord, and pair it to Homey. So, forget the other wires temporarily. See if that works. I did it this way to include my double switches. 
    Best tip!
  • hnijveen said:
    Eternity said:
    Or, just connect brown and blue to the Fibaro, perhaps even with a spare power cord, and pair it to Homey. So, forget the other wires temporarily. See if that works. I did it this way to include my double switches. 
    Best tip!

Yes I pair all my zwave devices like this. Just have a powercord connected next to a laptop and include the switch etc in homey then install it. A lot easier and if the switch is faulty you have not gone thru the process of installing it ;-). 

Btw did anybody get the powerusage to work on S2/Q2?