Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general.

Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.

The Bathroom Light Challenge

Some basic things are just difficult to fix...

I think most readers in this forum - as on other home automation fora - will know exactly what the title of this topic refers to. And, yes, you're right:

How to automate the bathroom lights _without_ the issue of "lights turning off, when things on the toilet take a bit longer than usual".

Of course, you can set the timing to "extremely long" - but that's no fun...

So, how have you done it?

Which combinations of devices and flows have you implemented to avoid forcing people to jump around on the toilet seat when the lights went off? Not using a timer setting of 90 minutes or something like that...

Searching the web, I found that the idea I got and thought was very original, wasn't exactly unheard off - but still not mainstream: The combination: force sensistive resistor + a binary sensor of some time + some modding of the toilet seat...

The challenge of course is hygiene and design - how to get it into a toiletseat, still working, hidden away and without too many wires etc... 

Until I've figured this out, I'm just interested in other setups - how have you solved it?

Comments