This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Most reliable light setup

I'm about to move into our new house where I'd like to use Homey for our lights setup. Been doing a lot of research, and there are quite a few options available in terms of the light setup... and quite frankly I'm not sure which setup would fit me best.

Some insights:

- Happy to replace all switches in the house. However, don't want to redo the electric cables.
- Most important factor for me is reliability. Need to be able to turn lights on/off using switches, even if Homey would have issues.
- No need to control colors (for now.. can always add Hue later). Just need to enable/disable/dim lights + groups of lights.
- Using switches AND phone to turn lights on/off shouldn't be an issue (e.g. after turning lights off by switch, I should be able to turn it on by phone)

Based on the above, what would you recommend? 

Comments

• Another concern I have is it's reach. The house is reasonably sized (250 m2). Ideally, I'd like to control the lights in an external building as well.

Looking forward to your insights or things to search for :)