This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

stability of Homey

canedjecanedje Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
I do use Homey now for about 3 weeks.
I do recognize that Homey is not stable and you can not trust on it.
The first week suddenly KaKu did not work. I had to do a PTP.
Last week NFC suddenly didn't work ad I had to do a PTP again.
Today my Z-Wave didn't work any more, again a PTP.
It is frustrating because Homey getting more and more important I do have already running 100+ flows
The positive thing is that everything is back and running again after a PtP

Is this common? Is there something to do to get a more stable Homey?
Or do I realy need to PtP every week?
I'm running on 1.5.3. stable (Stable? :( )

Comments

• If you're homey is not reacting anymore every week I think that you can talk about a pattern here. First question that pops into my mind is ofcourse. Why 100+ flows? Isn't there something you can combine so you have less flows? Also how many devices do you have currently bound with homey? 
  • I would think there's one or more flows which are conflicting and/or looping. But you could always use the Candy app to do a scheduled reboot every night (or every two nights for instance).
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    If you're homey is not reacting anymore every week I think that you can talk about a pattern here. First question that pops into my mind is ofcourse. Why 100+ flows? Isn't there something you can combine so you have less flows? Also how many devices do you have currently bound with homey? 

sounds logic indeed.
    Not reacting for seperate items. Beside not NFC the rest was working. The same for KaKu and Z-wave. Other controls and flows are stil running.
    I do have 45 devices connected at this moment. All kind: Z-Wave, Zigbee, KaKu
    But the first week there where only about 10 devices and 25 flows or so

Is there a method to check what causing the problem by debugging?

• What i did was install the papertrail app and let every flow add a line in the log.
    that way you can see what flow started when.
    Then double running flows will be easy to spot.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    barbados said:
    What i did was install the papertrail app and let every flow add a line in the log.
    that way you can see what flow started when.
    Then double running flows will be easy to spot.
    I did already with simple log.
    It shows indeed what is happening. But I do mean on command level. I think Homey Logger is doing that.
    In the mean time I did an update to 1.5.6.rc7. It looks more stable now.
    I only have sometimes some items with a NEO Coolcam plug.